Mexican Fiesta tonight sounds fun!!!
    And you can practice your espanol too!!
    Can't wait to see pics!
    Enjoy!

#12 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

Have a great time! I might also do a "Mexican Fiesta" theme!
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Thanks girls! I'm waiting for my nails to dry (so of course being a BDW addict, had to stop in ) and then I'm off to get ready and go to the party! My sister, Aunt & Uncle and Great Aunt & Uncle, all of whom I haven't seen in at least a year will be there :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

You are partying it up right now...can't wait to see pics.

#15 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=
            Of course I will post pics![/QUOTE]

You better! Have a great time!!

#16 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
            • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
              Yay, I'm excited! Our families are throwing us another engagement party tonight (1st one was friends only). I only wanted something really simple just so that my family would feel included (I could tell some of them felt a little left out from the first one) so I suggested it. Welll my Grandma, FMIL and Aunts ran with it! LOL They are renting tables and everything. It's going to be a "Mexican Fiesta". 2 tables of 7 & 1 table of 8. I got to make my first seating chart last night :)

Of course I will post pics!
              Very exciting!! Have a great time!
              Our engagement party is in a couple of weeks and I'm really excited too :-)

Have funn!!!
              Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
              My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#17 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm back. They totally outdid themselves. My Dad's house looked amazing! We had 22 people show up - it was wonderful :) Only thing we had a complaint about was that my Grandma switched up the seating chart they asked me to make. (Apparently she didn't feel my chart was appropriate ) SO my FILs (FFIL/MIL/BILs/SILs) had to sit at their own table with my Grandma. This really pissed me off! I could totally tell they felt left out, since they were the only ones there from Martin's side of the family. I had *specifically* tried to mingle them and set up the tables how I felt they would best be placed. When my FMIL went to sit down I said "No, I think you're supposed to be at that other table..." and she said that her name was in that spot and made some comment like "I guess we all have to sit together...". I felt horrible!!! My Dad made a speech that made me cry, and then they started going around telling stories about us as kids. BUT since FIs family felt left out and probably shy because of it, his parents didn't get to toast and only 2 stories came out about Martin. Martin and I were both really upset about this

All I can say is that I'm glad we have control over our own seating charts and all that for the wedding. I hope this isn't a sign of more controlling issues to come... *sigh*

P.S. Everyone took lots of pics. Waiting to get the pics from them because my camera ran out of juice right in the beginning (how does that always happen??). I have a few but it might take awhile to get them uploaded so hang tight....

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#18 Angel

Angel
                • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

Glad everything went well besides the seating situation. Can't wait to see the pictures.

#19 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Awww! Bummer about the seating situation. :-( That does suck that they kind of ended up feeling left out. But I'm glad everything was wonderful overall. I can't wait to see these pics!!!

Ooh, and I'm SO ready for some mexican food! We didn't have any while we were gone so now I'm craving it extra bad. . .maybe you can tell me more about that part? Slowly... With lots of good adjectives... ;-) lol!

#20 tvt

tvt
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

that's too bad about the seating chart. why do some people think they know better than you would? i don't ever get that!

cannot wait to see some pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users