Distraught...FI saw my dress before wedding

I wouldn't worry about it. My FI went with me when we went to Filene's Running of the Brides and he saw the dress that I bought. It's even hanging on our door in our bedroom. Even though he knows what it looks like, his expression is going to be nothing like when he sees you walking down the aisle. He may not even remember what it looks like 6 months from now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone (like always) All he will remember is it was white.. or was ithuh.gif I always forget the details of my dress until I see it again. Even if he saw a million pictures of it, all the emotions at the wedding will still be there and he will still stand in aw of your beauty

I agree with the other posters...don't sweat it. I can understand you feeling the way you do, but he won't remember. I just had that happen to me while I was reading a post I put on about choosing my dress and he walked in while I was scrolling through the replies. Whatevs...he won't remember it...it was for a split second. You knock him out when he does see you in person on your wedding day.

Don't panic sure he may of saw a glimpse he probably only got the color and not the rest of the details. Plus even if he did see it a picture at the bridal shop compared to ceremony are totally different. You will both have the wow factor!

I too agree with everyone! With 6 months to go, I wouldn't worry at all. My hubby can't remember what I wore last Wednesday!!! So there's no way your FI will remember that dress 6 months from now. He'll probably even think that you have on a different dress than the one he saw in the picture.

Also, remember, there's nothing like the "real thing"!!! That picture that he briefly saw WILL NOT COMPARE to when he see's you walking down the aisle, in your dress!

Don't worry too much. My DH actually went with me to pick my dress (we do everything together) and the day of the wedding he was still completely in shock and TEARS. When you put everything together (makeup, hair, veil, bouquet, jewelry) it will be a completely different look. And you FI will still be surprised and so happy to see you come down the aisle!

Almost the same thing happened to me. My husband caught a glimpse of my gown on my camera. He promised that all is saw was the color white. So I didn't worry and he was all smiles with a twinkle in his eye when he saw me walk down the aisle. Besides it's not the gown that he will be looking at on your wedding day so much as you in the gown looking beautiful. It's the total picture that matters.

Don't get a net dress. PRETEND TO!

Go to a bridal store, try on dresses and take pictures, and then purposely look at them in his presence!

MAKE sure the dress you take pictures of is a COMPLETELY different style (like if your dress is big and poofy & strapless, take pics of you in a halter slim A-line! )

That way he will have NO CLUE!

WOW you women have a completely different man than me. I can't have photos around even because if he saw it he would remember every detail even w/ just a glimpse and we wouldn't have that "special" moment. I don't know... I suppose it depends on what kind of man you have. If it were me.... I would be buying a new dress just cause we wouldn't have that special moment cause he would remember everything about it.