Your wedding date

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

We wanted to do it on my parents' anniversary date but that was taken so we did the next available Saturday a week later.

#12 syl1115

• 789 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

Rob graduates on September 12, so we were going to celebrate by going on a cruise 9/20. Then he proposed on Christmas day and we decided to combine the wedding and cruise together so our date is 9/19/08.

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#13 michellepicksbrent

• 1,448 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

We met on November 19, 2004, got engaged November 19, 2007 but did not want to get married in November. We love Vegas in August so we decided on August 19, 2009, our 4 year, 9 month anniversary :)

#14 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

We have to wait until 2010 to get married and June was the earliest due to my FI going away to get an MBA (sad face). I didn't like the idea of a summer wedding, I guess because everyone has one....and with a destination wedding it gives you more options due to nicer weather! So we thought of October, and then decided that 10/10/10 would be really cool. So we are aiming for that but since it is sooo far away we haven't booked anything. But that is the goal!

#15 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

Our wedding date was picked based on the fact that we always travel in late January and/or early February -

coincidentally it just happens to be the day after FI's 30th B-day!

#16 amdecker

• 169 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

Well, I was just going for a random time in September because that is when my fiance starts slowing down at work. I had originally picked the 12th, but the reosrt didn't have that date available, so I changed it to Friday. So, yes, I am getting married on 9/11. But, my hope is to turn a very sad day into something good! :)

#17 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

Our wedding will by on FI grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. His grandfather was his father figure and has passed so it will be a special day, we hope for all the happiness they had.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#18 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

Originally, we wanted to go during the low season (May-November) and not during hurricane season (Dropped it to May or November).

I thought May would be cutting it too close and that I might not have my incentive package from work... so November it was.

Then we wanted it on a Saturday... didn't want it too close to Halloween or December... so then it was the 14th or 21th.

Starting thinking... our current dating anniversary is Jan 14 (and near his b-day), so why not get married on Nov 14th (and it's near my b-day... plus we met on my b-day as well).

#19 Jenn79

• 625 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

We had attempted to plan our wedding so that the honeymoon would coincide with Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios (yes, I am that much of a geek). In past years they had run from mid-May to mid-June, but the year of our wedding (and after we already had everything planned and paid for), they changed the schedule for the four weekends in June.

Aside from my geek-factor, we also wanted a month that wouldn't be too hot, or too busy, and May was absolutely perfect.
                    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#20 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

Ours was pretty random. I originally wanted April 25th, but my FIs cousin is studying abroad in the spring and isn't coming back till May 8th. My FI had no problem with her not being there, but of course, my FMIL did. I would get FYI e-mails from her reminding me of when the cousin would be back. My FI was great about it and told me not to schedule our wedding around his cousin, but since there was no "have to" reason to get married on April 25th, I switched it to May 16. I just thought there was no reason to cause a stir over something that I didn't have to. But I'm excited about the current date. And everyones happy !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users