Jump to content

Photo

Karisma Resorts and Claudia Rodrigez....I'm confused!!


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

    Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericaandsy
    OK so *UPDATE* I am beyond frustrated... Karisma has specific rules for bringing in outside photographers that are NOT Mexican citizens..here they are:
    • Non Mexican Citizen: Mexican working visa, FM2 or FM3, RFC, also a 3 nights hotel stay for vendor or $500.00 US outside vendor charge...
    SO now what?!!

    Does anyone know what FM3,RFC, or FM2 mean..or how to go about getting a Mexican working visa (sounds difficult to me)?


    Thanks girls!
    they should go to their local mexico consulate to apply for one of these visas.

    does anyone know if the $500 fee is for 1 photographer only? Or can they bring an assistant? Do they need a day pass on top of that if they are going to eat?

    Why does claudias rate jump $900? Wouldn't you think it would go up $500.

    #12 twotees1218

    twotees1218
    • Newbie
    • 44 posts

      Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

      Claudia told me that I would not be charged the $500 fee as she is a preferred vendor with Karisma. I will be curious to see the quote - will let you know if it differs from the original price list I was emailed.

      #13 adias.angel

      adias.angel
      • Member
      • 719 posts

        Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SSPhoto
        "I called the guy (Fabio) and asked him about the $500 dollar a day thing and he said that it is only $500 a day if the photographer is not staying at the hotel a minimum of 3 nights. So we are ok on that."
        I am not sure this is still how Karisma does it since they changed some of their rules, BUT last thing I read is that your photographer has to be approved by the resort. So just make sure you are in the contract somewhere as approved as the photographer. Better to get it in writing now.

        #14 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by adias.angel
          I am not sure this is still how Karisma does it since they changed some of their rules, BUT last thing I read is that your photographer has to be approved by the resort. So just make sure you are in the contract somewhere as approved as the photographer. Better to get it in writing now.
          yeah they changed at one point to 3 nights plus $500. they changed that back. but still, save all emails. they can change at anytime.

          I've heard you also need an FM3 visa to work at azul or EDR. those can take 9 months to get & cost about $100. They last a year. I thought you just had to do the work visa thing on the flight. it's all so unclear.

          #15 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SSPhoto
            Thanks for the heads up. I just go to the Mexican consulate in my city for the FM3 visa, right? Are they good for all the regions of Mexico?

            Does anyone know what the process is for getting 'approved by the resort' (Azul Fives)?
            yeah it should be good for all regions of mexico. I did not know there was an approval process. I think she meant to make sure they are not on the ban list. some local photographers in the area are banned from karisma.

            #16 jamisoncollette

            jamisoncollette
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,257 posts

              Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

              I thought we had several local (Mexico) photogs on the forum? Any local suggestions? Maybe find another Mexican photog that isn't banned? Sorry, not very useful.

              #17 adias.angel

              adias.angel
              • Member
              • 719 posts

                Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                yeah it should be good for all regions of mexico. I did not know there was an approval process. I think she meant to make sure they are not on the ban list. some local photographers in the area are banned from karisma.
                No I mean you need to contact the WC before hand and get an "approval". Just something in writing, even just an email, that say that you are OK'ed to come. I read where this happened to someone else and in the end the photog was allowed but only after a lot of stress and grief.

                #18 rodent

                rodent

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

                  Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by adias.angel
                  No I mean you need to contact the WC before hand and get an "approval". Just something in writing, even just an email, that say that you are OK'ed to come. I read where this happened to someone else and in the end the photog was allowed but only after a lot of stress and grief.
                  oh, thanks for clearing it up.

                  #19 Sascha Gluck Photography

                  Sascha Gluck Photography

                    Insiders

                  • Insiders
                  • 1,538 posts

                    Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

                    Hi...

                    The FM's are working visas for NOT mexican citizen and RFC....that's a registration in Hacienda ( IRS ). When you work here as an independent photographer you have to pay taxes on you income like anywhere else , that's why many hotel will ask you for that from your outside vendors....
                    good luck and I hope that helped a bit.

                    Sascha

                    #20 Bianca

                    Bianca
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,057 posts

                      Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sascha Gluck Photography
                      Hi...

                      The FM's are working visas for NOT mexican citizen and RFC....that's a registration in Hacienda ( IRS ). When you work here as an independent photographer you have to pay taxes on you income like anywhere else , that's why many hotel will ask you for that from your outside vendors....
                      good luck and I hope that helped a bit.

                      Sascha
                      That would make sense if the foreign photographers were getting paid in Mexico, but they are not. Contracts and payments are being made in their country of origin and they are paying taxes on their income there. Most hotels do not ask for the working visas. Karisma Resorts are the only ones that I have seen mentioned on this forum that require them.
                      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

                      http://dpabride.blogspot.com/




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users