Sign in to follow this  
Beach09

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

I was wondering for the reception do you have to have it in one of the restaurants?? and do the allow you to just be in there? is there a dance floor there?

Hi,

I got married there on 07th. October this year. You have made a fantastic choice!! Everything was wonderful and cared for. I personally would not recomend the DJ. There are unless you you have LOADS of guest and wanted to keep them al together for a while after the reception. But there are plenty of thing to do together (e.g. night shows,etc).

They do not have a great choice of flowers. I selected a bouquet I found on Internet and asked them to duplicate. They did a great job!!

All the restaurants have a set menu. So if you would like to try the food first just have to make a booking in the retaurant of your choice. We did it in the mexican Agave, very charming and excellent service. But all restaurants are GREAT!!

The photographer: I must recommend Juan Carlos Magallon. He works with the hotel, but we talked to him personally and he agreed to be with us for the whole day. We can not be happier with his work!!

For the cake, they gave us two choices regarding shape. It tasted much nicer that we expected!!

I hope this hepls to get you started!! If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to help!

Good luck and congratulations!!

R&S.

Hi Margarosa-

I am getting married there on Feb 21, 09. When did they contact you to get all the details set? How did you make reservations for the restaurant? Thanks!

Hello:

Planning to try to get married on Apr 1, 2010 at rprm. Just enjoying all the info I reading. We can't even book the date yet with the resort, but everyone keep posting because it sure helps us newbies.

Hi, they contacted us about 2 months before the wedding. They sent several attachments with photos and details and we booked some them. However, when we got to the resort we changed a little bit our minds (e.g. we booked Chillis for our wedding reception, but lunch take place in there every single day, so changed to Agave). "Botafogo"is also perfect for a wedding venue and if your group is big you can even have it private, just for your group.

I've been trying to upload some photos but it keep failing. I'm in Facebook as Susana Gager. If anyone is interested you can see them there!!

Hey girls, I'm considering the RPRM for my May 2010 wedding. I've got some questions as well! I have 50 people and I saw that I have to do the late sitting for dinner (at 8:30), just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to do between ceremony and dinner? Can you do cocktails? Is that extra, or because it's an all-inclusive resort, can we just drink at one of the bars? Also, after dinner, is there somewhere to go for dancing? Can like set up the DJ by the pool? Is open bar included with dinner, or is it just like wine and beer? Sorry, too many questions! :)muscle.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlorens View Post
Hey girls, I'm considering the RPRM for my May 2010 wedding. I've got some questions as well! I have 50 people and I saw that I have to do the late sitting for dinner (at 8:30), just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to do between ceremony and dinner? Can you do cocktails? Is that extra, or because it's an all-inclusive resort, can we just drink at one of the bars? Also, after dinner, is there somewhere to go for dancing? Can like set up the DJ by the pool? Is open bar included with dinner, or is it just like wine and beer? Sorry, too many questions! :)muscle.gif
Hi,

You can do cocktails but something set especially for you will have an extra cost. Or you can just drink in any of the bars for free, but that wont be as private and will have no food.

We had a cocktail in a catamaran, we were pick up at the hotel lobby, taken to the marina, had a sunset cruise of about 2 1/2 hours with open bar and lovely food and then returnred back to the hotel for about $500. You can hire a DJ but he has his sesion in the restaurant where your reception takes place and he finishes at about midnight. No many places to dance in the RPRM but there is a night club in one of the other Riu's that you can use with an open bar for free (it is about 10-15 minutes walking from RPRM)
Hope this help.

Hi Susana!  I hope you do not mind, but I just peaked at your photos on FB!  I am planning an April 2013 wedding at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya.  Just waiting to confirm the Easter 2013 school break week.  I see you may have rented a charter for after your ceremony?  We are from upstate NY and are boaters - that looks like a great idea.  Did you set that up through an external excursion?  Thanks!  Elissa :-)

Originally Posted by margarosa View Post

Hi, they contacted us about 2 months before the wedding. They sent several attachments with photos and details and we booked some them. However, when we got to the resort we changed a little bit our minds (e.g. we booked Chillis for our wedding reception, but lunch take place in there every single day, so changed to Agave). "Botafogo"is also perfect for a wedding venue and if your group is big you can even have it private, just for your group.
I've been trying to upload some photos but it keep failing. I'm in Facebook as Susana Gager. If anyone is interested you can see them there!!