Riu Palace Riviera Maya
Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:23 PM
I'm getting married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya on Feb 21, 09 and have lots of questions-
- D.J.- Is it worth it to pay $1000 for the D.J.?
- What is the best restaurant for the reception?
- Rehersal dinner? Do you pay extra?
- Flowers- How many options are there?
- Cake- Do I get to choose the type, flavor, colors?
I guess that's enough to start with... any help would be awesome
Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:11 PM
There are reviews of weddings that have been held there if you search "rprm" some options will come up.
I noticed you are in Dallas... me too!
Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:19 PM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:21 PM
Also, did you go with a formal tux for the groom or linen or a suit? Color?
I think I'm going to have a light yellow for the bridesmaid dresses....
Did you take engagement pics in Dalas? Any cool places?
Sorry... 20 questions
Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:25 PM
| Originally Posted by Davematthews16 |
Not sure about your specific hotel but this is how ours is, and alot of other brides at various locations: You purchase a wedding package that includes certain things such as Beachside decorations, flowers, cake, bouquets, ect. Our package is including EVERYTHING from the ceremony to a mariachi band, to the reception dinner on the beach. Let's see, it also includes, hair, make-up, massage, mani/pedi, VIP status, private candle-lit dinner and special chocolate dipped strawberries. (Theres a bunch more but I can't think of it all atm) Other people who didnt go the wedding package route, ended up using various vendors in the area. There are a lot of posts about repitable vendors from DJ's to flowers, to Steel Drums. We're all here to help you along the way! Have fun!
Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:55 PM
My fiance is wearing a light khaki suite we bought on sale on Macys... (Reg $600 on sale for $350). The groomsmen are wearing khakis and a white linen shirt. My girls are finding their dresses on their own... they are completely different... I told them I don't care what they wear as long as it is Turqoise or Redish.
We took some pictures in the West End and Flippen Park in Highland Park is a good place to take pics... bridals especially. Other than that the Arboretum would be a great place too!
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:30 PM
Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:38 PM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:38 PM
| Originally Posted by MomentsThatMatter |
Has anybody heard how much the resorts charge for "day passes" to bring in your own photographer?
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:50 PM
- D.J.- Is it worth it to pay $1000 for the D.J.? you would be having the reception and dj in the disco right? i didn't go but a few of my guests went to the disco and said it was a bit dingy. you may want to scope it out before you pay for the dj.
- Rehersal dinner? Do you pay extra? it's at no cost, but they just make reservations for you at one of the buffet restaurants. basically, they just make sure enough tables are pushed together.
- Flowers- How many options are there? the arrangements they show you in the book are pretty outdated, but it's a good way to atleast see what is offered. i had in my mind that i wanted callas, but once i got there they said they don't offer them. i went with ivory lillies and orange roses. my advice is to have a color scheme in mind, instead of a specific flower because they may not have it. btw, my flowers were beautiful, so don't fret.
- Cake- Do I get to choose the type, flavor, colors? this was already answered
oh and aarica, i also had planned on doing an ipod during dinner, but they had really nice music playing already, so it never happened. it may be something you don't even have to worry about.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users