Photo

was your website ready when you sent out your std's?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Chris got our website and planning blog up running as a first priority. (We are both in IT so it kind of figures we think of the tech stuff first).

We did place a "more info coming soon" in certain sections but had the pages there so people know it is coming and to check back.

#12 Amarillis

Amarillis
    • 1,913 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ours was fairly barebones - at the time of sending the Save the Dates,

We only had chosen a resort - and were in the process of securing the booking with a TA - we knew where we were going, then that resort refused children, so we picked a new one - our passport invite was later sent when we had everything set in stone.

#13 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

We had the wedding website set up before we sent out the STDs. However, we ended up password protecting the site afterwards. We emailed those we have email addresses for with the password and also put a post up that we were going to be password protecting it with FI's last name as we didn't want to post the password a couple weeks before we did. When we sent out the invites we included the password.
        Michelle

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hi Kerry,

We actually have our STDs ready to go but are waiting to send them out until we get the website up and running, since we did put our website address on the STD. Temporarily we will probably put something like "Website in progress - check back often for updates!"...

Hope that helps! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
          • 582 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

Yes. I finished the website first. Now, I am in the process of ordering STDs which will go out next month or in early October. i put the web address on the STD so I needed to make sure it got done first.

#16 EricaG

EricaG
            • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

We had our website up and running before we sent out the STD's. We knew what resort we wanted to go to, so I posted info on it and said that we were hoping to go there and I was always putting updates as things progressed. I am still posting updates on the site as we get closer to the day!
              http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#17 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

Ours was up and running. Actually it was the first thing we did.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

Our website was ready but we didn't put it on our STDs just because fi hadn't asked his attendants to be in the wedding yet and i had them on the website already.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Maegan606

Maegan606
                  • 115 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

Wow--thank you all for your quick/informative responses! I didn't expect to receive so many in the few hours since I posted! I really appreciate it! Did most of you create your own domain, or go through a wedding website to make your own website(like theknot.com)?
                    ~Maegan

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Maegan606
                      Wow--thank you all for your quick/informative responses! I didn't expect to receive so many in the few hours since I posted! I really appreciate it! Did most of you create your own domain, or go through a wedding website to make your own website(like theknot.com)?
                      That's the great thing about BDW! People are always on and very eager/willing to help out. We've got an amazing group of girls here :)

We went through MyEvent.com ~ although I just found out that we could have had our own domain name through them (BTW they are offering this as a special right now so if you want a "unique" domain name then I'd jump on it!)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users