Jon and Kate Plus 8

Jacqueline

actually i agree with calia for the most part. i think the show is entertaining enough, but as the years go on i think it becomes a little faker because they keep getting a little more famous. it seems like all of their trips are paid for, and then they get vip treatment pretty much everywhere they go. i'm not saying they don't deserve it, i just don't think it makes for good tv.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Whoa the link to that blog of Jodi's sister. Scary! Reinforces that something is off on Kate.
I just read the very first (May) entries of the blog. I don't totally understand what happened, but it sounds very dramatic!

I'm not going to make any opinion's on why I don't like or like the show b/c I'm not a mother b/c I didn't carry my babies to term. Nor do I watch children 24/7 anymore. Minus the two years I nannied 24/7. When she cried in the night I got her. When she threw up at 1 am I cleaned her up and slept with her. When she was sick I made her appt and took her. Till she was 2 years old I was with her 24/ 7. But I was just her nanny, not her mother. Even though she called me Ma-Ma. But going on 2 years in May I am still actively TTC. This thread just reinforces my sadness and stress of not yet being a "mother" to the rest of the world. I'll stick to all threads not mother related till I'm preggo. But I want to quote someone on mothering. A friend is leaving a mothering forum b/c she's stopping TTC and she feels out of place. And someone wrote this about mothering yesterday.

"I think that a woman can be a mother in many ways other than mothering children that came from her body.

She can mother adoptive or foster children.

She can mother step-children.

She can mother her nieces, nephews, friends' children.

She can mother her students, big and small.

She can be a mother figure to her animals and pets, livestock, or those animals sharing their space with her.

She can be a mother figure to the helpless, the needy, the sick, those unfortunate folks who, young or old, don't have a nurturing voice, hand or touch.

She can be a mother to the earth, nurturing plants and watching them grow, planting organic produce or being a steward to the environment.

She can be a mother to her sisters, related or not, and help them form a community of love and emotional connection.

There are so many more ways, that I haven't mentioned, that a woman can be a mother."

And to me through my tears reading that I feel like I've "Mothered" quite a bit. I mother my 3 nieces and 4 nephews. My Casa children who's parents failed them. The 14 children I nannied and the countless others through daycare. To them I was their second Mother. And my old boss who said to me when she held me sobbing at work when I found out that I had a "specific condition" and I might not be able to conceive. "Calia you already are a mother."