Photo

Broken Toe?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

I agree that you are supposed to tape it (not too tightly) to the toe next to it. My niece broke her toe last year and that's what she had to do. Stay off your feet as much as you can for a couple of days. You might need to go out and buy some wide-width sneakers for when you head back out to walk so your toe isn't cramped in a shoe. Just a thought...
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#12 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

That stinks!!

I broke my toe a few years ago and the Dr. had me keep it taped to the toe next to it for a couple of weeks.

Good luck!!
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#13 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

I broke a toe during my senior year of high school and had to perform in a recital the next week.

You can see on the video that everytime I go up on pointe, I come right back down again...so painful! But I don't remember it taking long after that to heal.

#14 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
        • 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

Thanks all! I have buddy taped it and strapped on my heels for work...ouch. Appreciate all the advice, can't believe so many of you have also done this....and we thought men were the clutzy ones

#15 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

oh geez, you wanna talk about clutzy...ahh where do i begin!? hah hope u feel better.

#16 sunset78

sunset78
            • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Owww.. that sucks! I heard that toe breaks heal fairly quickly.

#17 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

OW, that sounds painful! Does it hurt? I would go to the doc just for some pain meds... but that's just me Also I wonder if you should even be walking on it at all?

I know when I sprained my ankle they said to elevate it, ice it and take an anti-inflammatory (like Ibuprofen). I also had to use crutches for a few days.

I really hope you get well so that you can do your walk next month!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#18 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
                • 361 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I totally feel your pain! I broke my little toe on Saturday and it HURTS! I can tell you that today is Thursday and it feels a TON better already- still swolled and brused, but it doesn't really hurt anymore! Good luck, my fellow gimpy friend!

#19 Amarillis

Amarillis
                  • 1,913 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

My best advice is to do the buddy toe thing - keep it elevated as much as you can to reduce swelling and tonight lie on the couch - elevate your foot and throw a bag of frozen peas on your foot.

Ask dear FI to pour you a lovely glass of vino and just chill!

Hope you are feeling better!

#20 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                    • 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Amarillis
                      My best advice is to do the buddy toe thing - keep it elevated as much as you can to reduce swelling and tonight lie on the couch - elevate your foot and throw a bag of frozen peas on your foot.

Ask dear FI to pour you a lovely glass of vino and just chill!

Hope you are feeling better!
                      Thanks! I love the champagne...my first goodie (not sure what those are called!) I am definitely going to take the vino route tonight :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users