• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride2009 View Post
Hi Hoosierfan...Have you figured out if you'll be moving to the Sensatori? I know there is already one other wedding on Nov 21st at AS. Mine is on the 20th and I found out there is a second wedding on the 20th already too (bummer!). Keep in touch and let me know...the thread for the Sensatori is great...the girls are all awesome and really helpful.

Good luck!
Hi beachbride2009,

We have not figured anything out yet - our TA was going to call and talk to Fabio today (hopefully) to understand what our options are. We are expecting 75-100 people (and want to do a private reception), so I'm wondering if that will overwhelm the Sensatori (2 weddings on the 20th and 2 on the 21st?). This is so disheartening! Of course, there's a chance that the Fives will open before our wedding date, but we've got to have a plan B asap as people have already started to book!

Did you start at the AS or the Fives? Just wondering if you moved or if you "were moved"? wink.gif

Hi Hoosierfan...I sure hope everything works out for you! My honest recommendation is to move your wedding from the Fives, even if they think it'll be open by the time you are to arrive...who knows if down the road they are even more delayed, plus the Sensatori just opened this past November and had a LOT of opening growing pains...and still are having a few, but by this coming November all the bugs should be worked out. Since you are expecting such a large group of people, I honestly wouldn't take the chance that thisngs will all be worked out and ready for you. This is your wedding!!!

I booked the Sensatori back in November for next November, knowing full well it is a brand new resort, but also knowing after one year it will be up and running well, but at the same time still be fresh and new.

I don't know about the maximum size of weddings allowed there, but I think they could handle a large one on the beach? What are you thinking of for your day? Hopefully Fabio will get back to you really soon so you can get things figured out! Keep me posted and if you have any questions about the Sensatori, I'm more than happy to help, as would the other lovely ladies on the Sensatori thread!

Hi "Brides to Be",

My wedding was 2 weeks ago, NOT at Azul Five. We found out in mid dec that they were not opening until Feb 1st, my wedding was Jan 31. But they offered to open early just for us after my mother started going nuts. They finally did come through with moving all of us to Eldorado Royal. Still a few problems but the resort is just gorgeous. The landscaping impeccable. I was worried that Azul Five would be like a ghost town with only a few of the restaurants open and poor landscaping, and with other new opening problems too. I am trying to upload some photos to the gallery that show how beautiful Eldorado Royal was, but I having technical difficulties. In the meantime if I can answer any questions about Karisma or Eldorado Royal, or general DW write and I will help all I can.

Happy new wife,

Natalie Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbscotland View Post
Has any of the other brides spoken with Karisma to find out what our options are? Do you think Karisma will compensate us for this huge screw-up?
My TA is working on it. She's made requests asking about the room transfer situation to make sure we will have equivalent room categories.

I think Karisma is also offering:

We will be giving all wedding couples a $500 credit towards their wedding for services provided by the resort (doesnʼt include outside wedding services). In addition all guests including the bride and groom will receive a resort credit to be used at the new hotel. The credit is based on the original room category booked at the AZF as follows:

Deluxe room: $ 200 USD per room
One bedroom suite: $ 300 usd per room
Two bedroom suite: $ 400 usd per room
Three bedroom suite: $500 usd per room

I got the above info from my TA.

Thanks D&ESept2009, Wot hotel are you considering moving to?

I am so fed up with Karisma now and dont think I want to stay with them. What they are offering us as compensation I dont think is good enough. We are spending thousands of pounds on that wedding and we have a few guests already booked up and that is the best they can do!?!?!

We have been looking at a few hotels and I think we will probably move to Secrets Maroma.

We used Mexican Wedding Photographers, through karisma.

Not sure why they are not showing on their site but they still let you use them. We did the $950 (appx) package 3hrs plus small book and all the digital. My wedding was at 4pm the private reception at 6:30, so I had the photographer from 3:45 to 6:45pm the guest took all the rest and my video.I was pleased. You should check with Karisma about having your wedding at Eldorado Royal if you have no kids coming. It, as you see in the photos is really beautiful. I feel really bad for all the Azul five brides, but ours turned out besutiful, just alot of last minute stress!!!

Also, if anyone is interested, I designed my own destination invites (airline tickets, I'm an artist), so many people loved them I am thinking of offering my services to other DW brides.