Photo

Secrets Silversands and/or Maroma Beach

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#191 Simistar

Simistar
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Boo -- I just e-mailed you a link to a photobucket album...let me know if it doesn't work or you don't get it!:-)
    Oh, and forgot to mention in the e-mail, there are a few in there of the band we had during our cocktail hour...this was not a band booked through SMB, just FYI:-)

#192 Boo

Boo
    • 785 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Simistar I got the email! Thats good to know about the band - we are considering a mariatchi trio for after the ceremony for 45 min. Simistar did you get Cecilia to upgrade the set up at all? In terms of linen or bows on the tall round tables? There are some vendors that do lounge furniture but its soo expensive...

Quick question to all the girls - from the pictures and this blog it seems most people are choosing 3, 4 pm even in the fall, so about an hour before sunset for that time. I booked 2 pm on November 19, 2010 and I believe there is already a second wedding that day at 4 pm, also at the beach so I cant make it later anyway but is 2 pm not a good time? is it too bright compared to the softer light later on? I first went with two cause I figure 30 min. for ceremony, 30 min for us to hang out at the cocktail hour and take group pictures and then us we want pictures in two locations then another 1.5 hours for that so we aimed to finish every by 5 before it gets dark... are we starting too early?

#193 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

I was reading one of the other blogs and came across this amazing guy and his steel drums, I am way over budget already but as we will have the speakers and microphone I figure (will double check with Cecilia) plug in an ipod and have a cd of his for pre-ceremony although if anyone knows a good and cheap steel drummer I would love to know

here is the link Steel Drum Music :: Videos

#194 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boo
          Thanks Simistar I got the email! Thats good to know about the band - we are considering a mariatchi trio for after the ceremony for 45 min. Simistar did you get Cecilia to upgrade the set up at all? In terms of linen or bows on the tall round tables? There are some vendors that do lounge furniture but its soo expensive...
          We didn't pay to upgrade the decor at all, we just went with what was included... And then we brought chair bows, centerpieces and table runners.
          SMB staff/Cecilia will put out whatever decor your bring for no extra charge...at least there was no extra charge when we did it:-)

Kits55 did lounge furniture...not sure how much she paid, but maybe she got a good deal and can offer some advice...?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boo
          Quick question to all the girls - from the pictures and this blog it seems most people are choosing 3, 4 pm even in the fall, so about an hour before sunset for that time. I booked 2 pm on November 19, 2010 and I believe there is already a second wedding that day at 4 pm, also at the beach so I cant make it later anyway but is 2 pm not a good time? is it too bright compared to the softer light later on? I first went with two cause I figure 30 min. for ceremony, 30 min for us to hang out at the cocktail hour and take group pictures and then us we want pictures in two locations then another 1.5 hours for that so we aimed to finish every by 5 before it gets dark... are we starting too early?
          I'm surprised they booked another wedidng for so close to yours??
          When we first looked into SMB we were told they have a max. of two weddings a day -- one in the morning and one in the late afternoon/evening....

I can't speak for anyone else, but we chose to get married close to sunset b/c we wanted to have our ceremony during sunset...
          It all depends on what you want...
          We actually did pictures before our ceremony for better light, so if you have your ceremony at 2pm, you won't have to worry about that:-)

Are you having a reception after...? If so, I don't think you're starting too early necessarily... you'll just be giving your guests a long break between the ceremony and the reception... If you're okay with that, and have the photographer for enough hours to stay all that time, it should be fine I would think?:-)

#195 Boo

Boo
          • 785 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

Thanks Simistar, I really dont think I sleep anymore, this blog is great

We are doing a reception dinner / dancing back at Dreams Riviera Cancun as we will have some kids joining us, reception will be set up by 5 with dinner brought out by 6 pm, but then it also got me thinking that our open bar and music will likely be done by 9 then, seems kinda early

#196 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

odd ball question - we signed contract with Cecilia but I have been trying to wire funds ever since and I cant get an answer for the address of the beneficiary, do any of the girls who already got married at Secrets know this?

For beneficiary I got IXE BANCO S.A.FIDEICOMISO

thanks, sorry I just feel so anxious that there are still loose ends

#197 mlynnea

mlynnea
              • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

Boo, Did you get any help on this yet?
                This is the account name that was written on my contract: Name of Account: Hoteles Del Caribe Holdings Inc.

My mom sent our deposit there back in July 2009.We mailed a check to a bank in Houston,TX and the check was made out to the account above.

Let me know if you want more info.

~Lynnea

#198 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

thanks - yeah sorry I guess I made a comment on the other Secrets Maroma thread but not this one, yes it was like close your eyes, take a deep breath, and push go and low and behold Cecilia actually confirmed the deposit - horay! so yes its all systems go

I am having a hard time getting a good linen vendor, so I am thinking of now just buying cocktail table and linen for the little table under the gazeebo and bringing them with - Cecilia's answer to how much material to buy, whats the height etc. - is that the table are retractable so whatever - how tall do you girls think those cocktail tables are? how tall and wide is that little table? or should I really just buy stuff thats too long and just tuck it in?

#199 arizonabride

arizonabride
                  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:47 AM

Hello, fellow SMB brides! Does anyone know how much it is to have a private dinner in the wine cellar? I know one of the brides on this forum did that but I can't find pricing for it in the docs that Cecilia has sent so far.

#200 omontes

omontes
                    • Vendor
                    • 187 posts
                      • LocationCancun

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hi ladies!

We hope you had a great weekend, we're so happy to write for you on this topic, please take a look at our photography work:

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Attached File  _A5A4302 2.JPG   382.3KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users