Secrets Silversands and/or Maroma Beach

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey ladies!

So, I'm not sure if any of you are far enough into planning that you've noticed the reception menus they send out are not very descriptive...

For example, it lists "Dreams Salad" as an option but doesn't say what exactly is IN the Dreams Salad...And it just says "surf and turf" without saying what exactly the surf and turf is...

So, it has taken me a MONTH and SEVERAL e-mails to get some more information on the menu items smile105.gif, but I FINALLY heard back from Cecilia this morning!

Whew.

So, in hopes of saving someone else the time and energy it took to get this info, I'm posting her response here:-)

HOPEFULLY, it will help SOMEONE!:-)

Appetizers:

> Can you tell me more about what the "mexican tapas sampler" consists of..? – Traditional Mexican appetizers; mini empanadas, mini chicken tacos, mini tamales, mini quesadillas etc…

> 3. Salads:

> Can you tell me what's in each of these salads:

> - Dreams Salad? – Palm Heart, Avocado, Lettuce, Artichoke

> - Caribbean Mixed Greens?- - Watercrees, spinach, tomato, cucumber, pineapple, & Mango dressing.

> - Cancun Salad?- Lettuce, tomato, yam bean (jicama), carrot, mango & pineapple

> 4. Entree:

> - Can you tell me what EXACTLY the "surf and turf of the house" is...? (this is listed on the"Golden Dinner" options)- - it is shrimp & beef, green peppers,

>

> - Can you also tell me if the "grilled shrimp and tender medallions" (listed on the Silver menu) is BEEF medallions...? yes it is beef medallions

It doesn't answer EVERYTHING, but it's a start:-)

Happy menu planning:-)

Not sure why she gave me different descriptions?? This is what she gave me..

Cancun Salad:

Lettuce

Mixed Sea Food

Olives

Mango Dressing

Caribbean Salad:

Mixed lettuce

Shrimps

Mango

Cherry Tomato

Dreams Salad

Eggplant

Peppers

Seafood

Onion

Pumpkin

Cancun Salad:

Lettuce

Mixed Sea Food

Olives

Mango Dressing

Hi Ladies,

I just had my wedding at the Paradisus but got a chance to see the Secrets Maromar when we were picking up some couples for a day trip.

The decor of the lobby (when I ran to the bathroom) was a more modern contemporary look. I like the more traditional look but that is just me.

From what the couple staying there told me, it was beautiful but the trees had not grown very big yet.

Hope this helps!

By the way..the day trip was the Extreme Tulum. It was so much fun! About $96 but totally worth it! Highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielynn View Post
Not sure why she gave me different descriptions?? This is what she gave me..

Cancun Salad:
Lettuce
Mixed Sea Food
Olives
Mango Dressing

Caribbean Salad:
Mixed lettuce
Shrimps
Mango
Cherry Tomato

Dreams Salad
Eggplant
Peppers
Seafood
Onion
Pumpkin

Cancun Salad:
Lettuce
Mixed Sea Food
Olives
Mango Dressing
Whaaaaat?? Seriously, these are VERY different descriptions!!! Glad I didn't print my menus out right away!!
I'm going to e-mail Cecilia right now to clear this up....(Seriously, why is it SO difficult getting frickin' descriptions of their own menus??! Yeesh).

Julielynn -- when did she send you this...? (Just wondering if it was awhile ago, amybe it's changed...? I don't know...)

I'll let everyone know what I hear back...
Meantime, if anyone else has been sent something DIFFERENT about the menu items, please let us know! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielynn View Post
She sent me the descriptions on 10-9, so maybe things have changed. Let me know what she says, I might change my salad. smile105.gif
She sent them to you just one month ago..?? Good lord. I can't imagine the menu changing that much in a month!
What is going on over there?? :-) smile67.gif
I've e-mailed her and will post what she says...IF I hear back before we leave in three weeks, haha

Okaaaaay, ladies...

I heard back from Cecilia about the differences in the menus...

And I'm not sure quite WHAT to say... censored.gif

I'll post what she said, but basically...they DONT' HAVE SET MENUS!

Sounds like whatever the chef feels like whipping up that day, that's what you get. Really.

Here's Cecilia's e-mail:

Unfortunately our recipes are not standardized yet due to we have just a couple month open… the positive point of these is that our Head Chef (who is an excellent chef ) could be so creative about these … in this case you could tell me what description do you like more and we can prepare for you...

And this is her response when I questioned that:

Unfortunately the Wedding menus are corporative then there is not an exactly recipe to follow and is in this point where our chefs use their creativity to create that delicious dishes; unfortunately there is just one head Chef for all the resort, and he has to coordinate the preparation of foods, prepare food , order foods, check the quality of the foods, for all the resort restaurants that`s why have the dishes description has been to hard and slow and that`s why, as well the reason because he can not make yet the wedding recipe and have a standard of that;

So...who knows WHAT we'll get !

:-)

Thanks for touching base with Cecilia. I donâ€t know what I would do if I was preprinting menus for my guests. There are just going to be 9 of us at the reception, so I might let her know I will wait until I am on site to decide on the menu. Hopefully the day before should be a small enough window to actually get a correct description but who knows...