Secrets Silversands and/or Maroma Beach

We have also decided to get married at home and have a symbolic ceremony in maroma beach.

We went back and forth with it for awhile before deciding.

I was worried that it wouldn't be as exciting getting married there if we know that we are technically married already. What do you think?

Also, I am trying to get a copy of the script for the symbolic ceremony at Secrets. I'm just curious as to what will be said. Am I being a bit crazy with that request?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: I emailed Cecilia about the price discrepancy and she very gladly and graciously said that we could get the lower price. She sent us an updated contract to sign with the newer price so i know that can't come back to bite me later on.

She thanked for me for pointing that out so they will probably fix it soon but I got lucky! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
Update: I emailed Cecilia about the price discrepancy and she very gladly and graciously said that we could get the lower price. She sent us an updated contract to sign with the newer price so i know that can't come back to bite me later on.

She thanked for me for pointing that out so they will probably fix it soon but I got lucky! :)
Good news...and ONE less thing to stress about!:-)

Here is the script for the symbolic ceremony. Cecilia sent it to me today. It's a bit hard to interpret in a few spots, but you can get the point.

"Scripture of Genesis 1:26:24 – .. and the Lord said "let us make the man on our image and God creadted the man in his own image at the image of God created he him male and female creadtedhe them and God blessthem and said unto them be blessed fructifie and reign over all the creation...could you please send this to us?

- Welcome words

- Opening prayer –Dear Father give your blessing to all the things we are saying and doing today, thank for Brendan and Aurelie for the family andfriends and forall the events that involve this calebration, you created marriage for your children and gave us love, now we present to you Brendan and Aurelie who come this day to be marriated may this pact of love they are doing beblessed with spiritual commited andtrue devotion to one another, in Jesus holy name:: could you please send to us?

Sermon about Love

- Exchange of the vows – Before the Lord God I ___ take you ___ to be my wife to have and to hold from thisday forward insickness and in health to loveand to honor until death parts us...

- Blessing of the rings Father give your blessing to this rings,and to the giver and receiver , to _____ and_____,every moment whenthey use thisrings may they be reminded about this moment before you and be reminded about this pact of love they are doing, now we are blessing these ring in jesus holy name...aman

- Exchange of the rings – _____ receive this rings as a symbol of my live and love thatI m giving you today and alwayswith this ring I thee wed.. and so you

- Signature of symbolic documents

- Closing prayer –Dear God give your Blessings to this marriage and seal he commitement of ____ and ___ with your divine Love aniont them with your holy spirit ,assure them of your eternal presence help them evry moment when they as one or each of them as your childruntoyoulookink blessings of oyur hand and let your flameof love continue burning and neverend in them in jesus name...amen

- Pronouncements

- Wedding kiss and introduction to family "

Thanks NewYork!

I have to admit, I'm a bit confused with reading that ceremony through though... It appears more "religious" than symbolic...and why do you need to sign any documents if it's just a symbolic ceremony...?

Is that just so it LOOKS real...?

I think maybe I'll ask Cecilia if they have a more "non-religious" symbolic ceremony...(my FI's family is Jewish and my family is non-practicing Catholic :-)) So we decided it's best to keep religion out of it:-)

I'll post if she sends me anything else!

Julielynn,

Did cecila send you a copy of the non religious ceremony? Could you please post it. I've asked her about it and still have no reply. That would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone heard from the photographer? are you ladies hiring someone else or using the resort guy?