Secrets Silversands and/or Maroma Beach

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to let you guys know that I posted our review on Trip Advisor if you want to read it.

Riviera Maya forums: Our September Week at SMB - TripAdvisor

If you are still considering which resort to pick...

We did site visits of the Azul Beach Resort (saw the presentation on Azul Sensatori since it isn't open yet) and Paradisus Riviera Maya.

Out of the three Secrets was our favorite although Azul Sensatori looks like it will be amazing we just didn't get as good of a view since it is not open yet. Secrets MB is much nicer than Paradisus (in our opinion) Secrets MB has more of a hip modern vibe. Azul Sensatori also has that and will be amazing so if you are considering this one I would also definitely look at Azul Sensatori.

Everyone on this board raves about Paradisus and I just didn't like it. It has an older vibe and just isn't as modern.

We have to do a kid friendly resort so Secrets is out for us we just wanted to stay there...

If you have any questions about the resort just let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbtrflygrl View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know that I posted our review on Trip Advisor if you want to read it.

Riviera Maya forums: Our September Week at SMB - TripAdvisor

If you are still considering which resort to pick...

We did site visits of the Azul Beach Resort (saw the presentation on Azul Sensatori since it isn't open yet) and Paradisus Riviera Maya.

Out of the three Secrets was our favorite although Azul Sensatori looks like it will be amazing we just didn't get as good of a view since it is not open yet. Secrets MB is much nicer than Paradisus (in our opinion) Secrets MB has more of a hip modern vibe. Azul Sensatori also has that and will be amazing so if you are considering this one I would also definitely look at Azul Sensatori.

Everyone on this board raves about Paradisus and I just didn't like it. It has an older vibe and just isn't as modern.

We have to do a kid friendly resort so Secrets is out for us we just wanted to stay there...

If you have any questions about the resort just let me know!

Hi sdbtrflygrl,

Thank you so much for the new photos and the informative review on TripAdvisor! Excellent information! I'm trying to get myself to stop reading that darn website but I just can't seem to do it...half the time I love it and the other half I am not sure sure that some of the people on there should be allowed to write reviews (yours was awesome, very objective and based on your specific experiences - I love that type of review).

If you ever post any other pictures of the resort, and would be willing to share the url, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to keep track of all of the newest and latest pics so I can link to them from our wedding website - pics get the guests all excited.

bunny_4.gif Take care and thanks again!

I think the hotel will be ready to go by the time you guys have your weddings.

Things like incomplete rooms and stuff are being fixed now so they will be perfect for you guys!

I am a total freak so I worried about everything where my fiance just relaxed and enjoyed everything and didn't seem bothered by anything. :)

More than anything figure out which room you want ahead of time and then when you check in just demand what you want. Don't let them put you off.

I totally recommend the 4th floor rooms (less noisy and best views) and splurge for the ocean front preferred suites if you love the ocean like we do. Those are really the only rooms with true "ocean views."

Stop reading TA! Most of the people on there are freaks and then you will just start sweating the small stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All:

I have a question on pricing for everyone. I am going to be spending a lot of money on my wedding so I'm trying to save it where I can.

This is what I found and what I'd like to do. I'd everyone's advice on this whether you have or have not caught this discrepancy.

For the blood test on the pricing list it states that the test is $300 per couple. On their website it states the cost of the blood test is only $200 per couple.

The cost to get your marriage license validated on the price list is $165 but on the website it is only $100. They are both for 2008, not even 2009 but I think that because of this discrepancy and the amount of money that we'll be spending there that we should get the lower cost. I'd like to send an email to Cecilia gently "demanding" the lower price but I'm not sure how to go about it. Does anyone have any advice on this? Have you caught this too? They don't allow package substitutions either so I feel that FOR SURE we should get the lower price because we'll be spending money on stuff that we don't even use, stuff worth hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for any and all help on this matter! worried2.gif

Hey Kits! We are actually doing our legal ceremony in the States first and then only doing a vow renewal at Secrets. We looked into making the ceremony legal in Mexico as you are doing but it just seemed too complicated and I didn't want to fool with it, not to mention the extra cost. If this is something you might want to consider, I will give you the advice that our travel agent gave us....if in fact you do get married in the States before hand do not tell your guests. They will actually not know the difference in an actual ceremony and a vow renewal ceremony b/c both ceremonies are the same. He advised us to keep it a secret because you don't want to piss any of your guests off...some might get a little upset if they pay a lot of money to see you get married and then find out it's only a vow renewal. I completely understand that. Anyway, that's all I can help you with. Take care and good luck with getting the lower costs!

Mandy

Hey Kits55,

We too are legally getting married here first, before we go to Mexico. (Actually, we had our legal ceremony yesterday! Whoo-hooo...though I don't think I'll feel married til our "real" Mexico wedding:-) We also are telling NO ONE...except, of course, the two witnesses we needed...)

Anywaaay, I know a lot of girls on here say it's very easy etc to legally get married there...But like Mandy just said above, for my FI and I, who are very lazy on vacation, it seemed like too much work:-) But if your heart is set on doing the legal stuff in Mexico too, then I'm sure it's not too bad a process:-)

Okay, now, as for the money issue...I agree you should get the lower cost on those items. We are also getting some stuff in our package that we won't be using...but Cecilia's very clear...NO SUBSTITUTIONS!:-)

I think b/c the resort is new, there is a lot of mis-communication and mis-information even between the management and staff who are there!

For example, on the Secrets Maroma website, they advertise "unlimited complimentary green fees" at two Cancun golf courses...which we were interested in to plan a golf day for the guys...

But when I e-mailed someone at the resort for more information, they basically told me this offer does not exist. Of course, I e-mailed back and asked why the heck it was on their website then?!

A couple days later I got a response back saying sorry, yes, they do have this offer and will honour it....

So, in a nutshell, the MANAGER who I was e-mailing with (he's in freakin' management at the hotel, so you'd think he'd know!) hadn't even heard of the offer on their website.

So I bet Cecilia doesn't know either.

I'd send her an e-mail just stating the facts...This is the price on the website, this is the cost on the price-list...and you think you should only have to pay what's advertised.

If she says you have to pay the HIGHER cost...I'd go above her to the general manager. (I know his name and e-mail have been posted on TripAdvisor and I wrote it down SOMEWHERE...I just can't find it now...)

Good luck!!!!

I know this stuff is FRUSTRATING!!!smile27.gif

Hey guys,

We are actually getting married in Canada before we go as well. A friend of mine got married in Punta Cana in April and is still waiting for you marriage certificate to this day. We just decided that it would be less hassel just to legalize it here and have the ceremony at secrets,that way we dont have to deal with translations and blood work and fighting with the paper work of it all. I wish you good luck.