Secrets Silversands and/or Maroma Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalaybay3071 View Post
Simistar - we are getting the free package b/c of room category we booked but I do want to have a reception. She sent me a couple of pics of what the pool terrace would look like for a reception. send me your email and I'll forward them to you. I'm not sure about a bonfire but that sounds really cool!! Only concern I thought of was having a sit down dinner on the beach with the wind blowing could be troublesome. Let me know what Cecilia says though...could still be an option for us as well.
Thanks! I'll PM you my e-mail right now!

We're doing our reception on the beach...I know it'll probably be windy, but I figure we're not going all the way to Mexico to sit inside:-) Even it means bad hair:-)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistar View Post
Hey ladies -- sorry to change the subject
hijacked.gif

BUT, I was just wondering if any of you have had any luck getting information on rehearsal/welcome dinners from Cecilia...in particular, info on having a beach bonfire...
The most I've been able to get from her is that this is possible...but no other info on cost or set-up etc
(I know at Scerets Capri they off this bonfire option...)

Anyone else looked into this...?

What's everybody else planning for their welcome/rehearsal dinners, if you're having one at all...?
Simistar: i asked Cecilia the same thing about having a beach bonfire for a welcome party and she never gave me any further information than what she gave you. I also asked about having lounge furniture for the cocktail hour and she said it could be looked into but also never came back with anything specific.

I'm planning the beach bonfire AS my rehearsal dinner, i'm not sure if we really need a true rehearsal dinner because it all seems pretty easy and if there's a script or something I can look it over and know when to do what :)

Kits55 -- we're not doing a rehearsal either:-)

I too am hoping it's all pretty simple and easy to follow...fingers crossed:-)

But we want to do a welcome dinner since lots of the guests are coming from different parts of the world and don't know each other...

I plan on sending Cecilia a long list of questions some time this week...I'll try to emphasize that I REALLY need some info on the bonfire option...and I'll post what she says...if anything:-)

I think PART of the problem is the resort's so new they don't have suppliers yet for a lot of things...Though I did read on Tripadvisor that someone saw a wedding taking place already...so they must have SOME suppliers set up!:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapperloo View Post
Thank you so much for replying :) I have been in contact with the WC, she is soo great. Way faster than the girl I was struggling with at Dreams Tulum. I tried to open your threads but I dont have enough point to do so. Im still new at this thing..sheesh lol
Oh -- sorry!
PM me your e-mail address and I'll just e-mail it to you directly...
(do you just want the photog price list -- or the menus as well...?)
I can send everything when I get home from work tonight...
(as usual, wasting company time on BDW:-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistar View Post
Oh my.

I just heard back from Cecilia with prices on those candle center-pieces..

$100 US plus 10% service/tax EACH!

So I've now asked her if there are any simpler options...as in, just a candle:-)
Ouch! That tax really kills the price of everything! :) Do you know if they'll let you mail stuff down there to put together on the days before the wedding? I've been thinking all along that I'd like to make my own center pieces, invites, STDs, favors, gift bags, bouquets (natural touch flowers) and flower arch. That's too much stuff to bring into MX I think so I wonder if they'd hold that stuff for me?

ATTN: EVERYONE ON THIS POST
I need some help if you have it! I started the whole process of booking with Secrets Maroma when they were having a promotion (or at least I think it's a promotion because I can't find it on their website anymore). The promotion was if you book a minimum of 10 rooms the bride and groom would get a free room upgrade, giving them a room with internet in it. We are going through Luxe and the girl I'm working with now says that Cecilia says that she's completely unaware of that. I emailed back and forth with a girl that got married at Secrets the first weekend it was open! So i don't know how she CAN"T know about it, she must know about it. So my question is if any of you have gotten that deal, have heard of the deal, or have any emails or information about it. If you do and don't mind sharing I would be forever grateful. Thanks! This is SO my favorite since now I don't feel like I'm alone. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
Ouch! That tax really kills the price of everything! :) Do you know if they'll let you mail stuff down there to put together on the days before the wedding? I've been thinking all along that I'd like to make my own center pieces, invites, STDs, favors, gift bags, bouquets (natural touch flowers) and flower arch. That's too much stuff to bring into MX I think so I wonder if they'd hold that stuff for me?
I JUST heard back from Cecilia about a lot of things I've been having trouble getting info on..and this was one of them:-)
So, I asked her if her/her staff would be able to put on chair bows that I bring, as well as putting out placecards and placecard holders, and menu cards that I'm planning on making etc...and she said no problem! That her staff would be "happy" to do it:-)
Of course, she didn't mention a fee, so who knows if they charge extra...but really, how much could they charge for putting on a chair bow? :-)
So, bottom line, I don't think it will be a problem...

Also, I'm packing a lot of crap in an extra suitcase...BUT, my mother-in-law (who lives in a different city than we do) is going to UPS a box to the resort ahead of time so she doesn't have to bring a lot of stuff with her...(To be honest I have NO IDEA what she would be shipping ahead of time..) So, that's a possibiity, though of course, I'm not sure how much that would cost...

Quote:
ATTN: EVERYONE ON THIS POST
I need some help if you have it! I started the whole process of booking with Secrets Maroma when they were having a promotion (or at least I think it's a promotion because I can't find it on their website anymore). The promotion was if you book a minimum of 10 rooms the bride and groom would get a free room upgrade, giving them a room with internet in it. We are going through Luxe and the girl I'm working with now says that Cecilia says that she's completely unaware of that. I emailed back and forth with a girl that got married at Secrets the first weekend it was open! So i don't know how she CAN"T know about it, she must know about it. So my question is if any of you have gotten that deal, have heard of the deal, or have any emails or information about it. If you do and don't mind sharing I would be forever grateful. Thanks! This is SO my favorite since now I don't feel like I'm alone. :)
We booked in July and to be honest, I hadn't heard of this promotion...that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just probably didn't do my "homework" :-) Our TA certainly never mentioned it, but b/c we have people coming from everywhere (US, Canada, England...) she suggested that we NOT do the "block room" thing b/c it would be difficult b/c everyone would have to book at the same time, in the same room category etc...

As for Internet being available...I know I've read on TripAdvisor that there are some free computers & Internet to use in like the business centre or something...I think I also read that all rooms will at some point have Internet access included...but don't quote me on that. I think some random poster on TripAdvisor said that..your TA should be able to find out though, no?

Good luck!

Quote:
Simistar: i asked Cecilia the same thing about having a beach bonfire for a welcome party and she never gave me any further information than what she gave you. I also asked about having lounge furniture for the cocktail hour and she said it could be looked into but also never came back with anything specific.
Hey again!

So this was another thing I heard back from Cecilia about...
She said YES, we can do a beach bonfire and even though I asked like ten different times and ways, it seems there's not actually an extra cost for this.(that is, no an extra cost ON TOP of the $25 pp for a private event that you have to pay...)
That includes, food and servers and seating.

So, we'll do the bonfire with the "BBQ Theme" menu (you can see all the menus I posted on page two of this thread...called "welcome dinner menus")...

We also asked about having s'mores (you know..the "camping" dessert? :-) Graham crackers with toasted marshmallows and chocolate chips?:-))
She said YES they can do this, but it's $2 extra pp.

They provide seating, but it's just the regular seating they provide for any vent...not "lounge" furniture...(which I think you CAN get, but once again, there would be an extra charge...)

Hope this helps!