Nutritional Cleanse - added bonus - lose weight!?

Nrsggrl

I would be very careful coming off of this cleanse. My mom did it, and lost 20 lbs or so. But as soon as she came off, the weight came back on, and more than before. If you keep good eating habits, whole grains, no more white bread, rice or carbs, it should help

Weightloss is 70% nutrition and 30% exercise & 100% dedication.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! Thanks for the encouraging comments! Virg, I totally agree with you nutrition is very important. I should clarify how the program works. Before officially starting the 9 day program, for 2 days I did a pre-cleanse - basically just incorporating protein shakes and a nutritious meal into my day. Then I did two days of a "cleanse". That is, I didn't have any solid food except for a few snacks. There is this drink that I had, 4 oz 4 times per day, and I drank PLENTY of water. From what I can gather, over these two days I was supposed to empty my bowels. I was expecting to be spending the entire 2 days in the bathroom. But this wasn't the case at all! I had a few movements the first day and a few the second day. It wasn't like taking a laxative or anything - but maybe it is different for everyone.

So now that the 2 cleanse days are over, I will for the next week, have 2 shakes a day, snacks, and a nutritious meal of 400-600 calories. For me, this kind of system works well because of my schedule. I know that if I'm not eating numerous meals a day, at least I'm getting the nutrients I need. If I stop thinking of it as a diet, and more of a lifestyle, hopdfully I will be able to keep the weight off.

When I'm finished the 9 day program, I'm going to get the 30 day program for sure. I'm also going to sign up for "auto ship" so that every 30 days I'll get another shipment. That way I won't fall off the wagon. I'll have a fresh shipment just when I need it.

Ordering isagenix is kind of like Avon in many ways. You can get it from Avon ladies - or in this case isagenix independent associates. In my case, I just googled, and found an associate to order from. When I went on the website to order I had a few choices to make. I could either buy the products at retail, or I could buy the products at wholesale prices. In order to buy them at wholesale prices, you either have to join as a preferred customer which I think is $36, or you can join as an associate for something like $46. I joined as an associate only because I have ALOT of weight to lose, so I figured, why not put out the $46 now, and save alot of money off the retail prices since I'm going to be on this program for a long time. Some people may ne interested in it from a business point of view, but right now, I'm too busy trying to lose the weight and plan a wedding!!!!!

Feel free to check out the website. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Also, for those of you only needing to lose a few pounds. If you are unable to do it on your own and have been thinking about a program such as this... either the 9 or 30 day program would be good. Mind you the 30 day program is more expensive, but at least if you incorporate it over a long period of time like this, you can pace yourself. Just a thought.

Hi Lucy,

The meals I eat are 400-600 calories. Today for instance I had a chicken breasts and grilled veggies (red, green and yellow peppers, onions and mushrooms, marinated in low cal low fat italian dressing) and a half of a pita. This added up to around 450 calories or so.

When I have my shake later, I'm going to add a half of banana and some strawberries.

I think the key is just to have common sense in picking what foods you are going to order. Ask for your salad dressing on the side, instead of already added. Ask what kind of oil things are cooked in etc... 600 calories, when choosing low calorie foods can really make up a big substantial meal! I don't feel deprived at all. Also, no alcohol, and realllly limit your caffeine - this has been difficult for me because I work rotating 12 hour day AND night

shifts. I love coffee. So now I have a decaf once in a while. For those addicted to diet pop etc... switch to caffeine free.. but limit that too.

So if you are going out, and you know what restaurant you are going to ahead of time, check online to see if they have a menu you can check out... that way you can prepare. Another trick is to drink a tonne of water before you go out.. you won't feel as hungry when you do eat.

Hope that helps! For me, this has been a really good experience so far. I'm really learning to look things up, and really think about what I'm putting into my body before I eat it. That way I can plan ahead! I found this website that I've been using alot to look up the calories for various foods.

The Calorie Counter

I'm looking forward to really incorporating this system into my lifestyle forever! I love it!

The only down side is that it is a little pricey. But here is how I justify my spending.... I waste money on meaningless things everyday, that don't last. I'm a impulse shopper, and LOVEEEE jewellery. I can't tell you how much money I've spent over the years on that stuff... lets face it, we only have 10 fingers... can't wear it all at once! Why is it I have nooo problem dropping hundreds, and thousands of dollars on "things", yet I complain a little when a system such as the one I'm on can run $200-$300 a month?? I've totally decided to change my mindset... I'm worth this amount of money and so much more! lol I've just decided to make myself a priority. I always put everyone and everything else before myself. I'm doing this one thing for myself for a change. I can't wait to see how I'm going to look and feel next year when I get married!!!

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update. For those of you who were contributing to the nutritional cleanse thread, I see it has been moved - not sure why. But anyway, I thought I would just write a quick note to say hello! Hope everyone's wedding plans are going well. I know for me, it is such a challenge! I don't have a wedding planner in Scotland helping me out - yet! I may have to look into getting one though.

Well, just an update on the weight loss... I have so far lost 8 lbs and as of this morning 10 inches! I'm pretty happy with that. I have 4 days left of my cleanse and am thrilled with how I'm feeling right now!!

Thanks you guys for your kind words of encouragement!!

I just have one thing to add. I really must apologize to everyone who was so supportive in the last thread I started on nutritional cleansing. Alyssa kindly sent me a message explaining why the thread was moved. Apparently based on the website I posted, some people were under the impression I was spamming. I want to apologize to anyone who felt this way. Yes it is true, that I signed up as an associate with the company whose products I am using only so that I could purchase the products at the wholesale price, since I know I will have to use the products for a very long time in order to lose allllll the weight I need to lose. In no way, shape or form, was I posting the link to the company website to solicit sales. I honestly thought I was just being helpful to those who wanted to learn more.

Alyssa, I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention, so I could clear up any misconceptions.

Thanks again for all the kind words!