Gross, yuck, nasty..

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

ew, tammy, i don't blame you for wanting to be home cleaning. good thing you have a vet appt. today.
    our old cat, jin, had worms. we didn't know until he puked them out - looked like spaghetti - and they were moving. trip to the emergency vet that night....

#12 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

Tammy I would want to bleach my whole house! But when you think about it, these are natural things, and they will be okay! (your animal children!) : )

#13 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

When Bailey was a little puppy he had worms, but they only came out when he took a round of worm meds and then he would poop them out. They looked like actual worms though but a little smaller. I had to pull a live worm out of his bum with a plastic bag once...that was sick! I know that when I was at the vet, there are several different types of worms that look different...they had a poster on the wall which I studied in detail....I have heard about the rice looking worms before though...I don't blame you for wanting to disinfect! They are so small and it's hard to see them...worms are more dangerous to children cause they can get really sick from them. Pets just get worms if they are in contact, but it doesn't make them sick as far as I know.
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#14 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yuck yuck and yuck. I would be itching and feeling dirty too. That stinks. Doesn't look like a relaxing night for you.

#15 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

[shudder] Seriously. Wow, Tammy, that is gross. I have no words of advice, cuz I dont know anything about worms, but I can sympathize with not being able to think about anything else and feeling dirty.

#16 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
            • VIP Member
            • 3,405 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

Note to self...If I start craving chinese food, come read this and go eat a salad. Yucky. You'll get it cleaned up for sure. I know you have the crazy expensive power vaccum. God you deserve one heck of a medal for what you do Tammy :)

#17 KACENGG

KACENGG
              • VIP Member
              • 106 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Tammy,

I'm so sorry about the worms. Yes, its gross and nasty but easy to fix. In the meantime, swear off the rice and hire a cleaning lady!!! I guess the good thing is that the worms are dead right? Anyway, we have put our dog on a regular deworming schedule with all the fosters we get in. We deworm the fosters three times and sometimes they still need more....eeeewwww. Just a suggestion so your own pups don't get the worms.
                Kim & Erik
                November 9, 2007
                RIU Palace
                Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#18 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

Yuck! I rescued/fostered a cat for a few months and have a similar story, but not quite as intense. I had just cooked spiral macaroni and cheese, ate it as fast as I could and then noticed something on the ground. It looked exactly like a piece of noodle had fallen out of the pan before I mixed the cheese, milk and butter in. I bent over to pick it up and it started wiggling and spread out double it's size. I like you, totally flipped out. I had taken the cat to the vet a day or two before hand, had her de-wormed and apparently some of them crawl out durring/after the process. I searched my apartment high and low for little white worms, I vaccumed, scrubbed, stripped my bed, and then did it all again. I was totally OCD about it, and felt like they were crawling everywhere. I wouldn't worry about your other animals eating them. I think that once you scrub down your house and vaccum, it will take care of it. I would keep your little foster guy confined maybe to the bathroom or something for a few days, until the worms are out of his system. BTW, I still can't eat spiral macaroni and cheese. Good luck!

#19 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

OMG that is sooooo gross!!!! I never knew that worms just fell out... sick.

What are you going to do with him until the worms are gone? I think I'd put him in one little area without carpet and crazy vacuum that area, until his worms are gone. There is no way I'd let him wonder the house dropping worms everywhere. Bluck.

#20 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

oh gag. i dont know why i read thru this entire thread i was one of those kids that would do something i was told not too

tammy that is gross but sad too. is he ok? glad he gets to go today to get his meds. yuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users