100 replies to this topic

#21 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lauren
    my mother used to turn the clocks forward on new years b/c my sister and i were so determined to stay up. it would really be 9 or 10 and we'd be falling on our faces.
    I swear your mom is a mom's mom...freakin' hilarious! I'll have to remember this stuff and use it to trick my kids one day

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kristy!
    Fast forward to LAST YEAR...A bunch of us were watching a Mets game at my brother's house and it went into extra innings. Around 10:30, I said why are they still playing the organ? Everyone just looked at me funny. My brother had totally made it up and didn't even remember doing it. The worst part is that I am gradually finding out other stupid things he told me that seem perfectly rational. Grrr...
    Omg that is awesome! LOL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by STACEY
    I dont know if this qualifys but growing up I always said the slogan "lets play it by YEAR" It wasnt until a few years ago I learned the word was ear, not year. hahaha
    hahahaha

#22 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ErinB

It took a LOT of convincing to get me to believe that you didn't spell relief R-O-L-A-I-D-s.
      My mom just told me this same thing about her DH the other day. Funny.

Hmmm, I know I have some! I just can't remember what they are.

#23 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by STACEY
        I dont know if this qualifys but growing up I always said the slogan "lets play it by YEAR" It wasnt until a few years ago I learned the word was ear, not year. hahaha
        I still know a ton of people that do this! I get lots of emails from friends that say this...too funny. It must be pretty common :)

#24 JoLo908

JoLo908
        • 889 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kat81
          Oh another thing she did was when we did something bad she would call the "Police Dept" and tell them to come over with the Lie Detector test. So, we would fess up because we didn't want the cops there.. One day around 12 I pressed redial when she left the room and lo and behold my Grandma answered LOL
          Haha! That is too funny! All of the mom's (about 6 of them) told my whole neighborhood growing up that if you were bad that a bus of nuns would come take you to the "parental home" where all of the bad kids went... they said it was a building across town, which we later learned was the Catholic girls High School!!! The kids on my street, who are now in their twenties, still give the moms a hard time about this!!!

#25 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

My mom used to tell me that the little coin operated rides in the malls only worked if every seat on the ride was filled! I was an only child so no mall rides for me :)

#26 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

you know how when you are driving down a long straight highway where you can see in front for miles and way ahead you can see like a mirage or something where the pavement meets the horizon? my dad told me it was called cow water (no clue why) and ever since i always thought that.

i didnt find out till our road trip to chicago this past winter that it is totally not called that. doug about peed his pants laughing at me.

#27 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Up until I was a teenager I thought it was called girl cheese instead of grilled cheese. And up until I met my FI I said "I don't take anything for GRANITE, and he informed me that it's GRANTED. *Here's your sign* LOLOLOL

#28 sunset78

sunset78
              • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

These make me smile. :)

#29 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

These are great! I will have to try to remember some from my childhood.. right now I'm drawing a blank but I know there must be something.. heh

#30 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                  • 985 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

One day I was driving along with my two kids in the back seat of the car. I guess they were around 8 & 10. The older one, in an attempt to "educate" the younger one, says "You know that doctors drink pee". My ears are alerted and I ask her why she thinks that. She says "why else do they collect it in cups?" :)

Good job I caught that one before she took it into adulthood!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users