Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace in Cancun???


  • Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#31 Lindsey

Lindsey
  • Newbie
  • 54 posts

    Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

    Awesome! Thanks for the info on the Spanish for dummies.....

    I am not sure how many people will end up coming. This could get interesting quickly! We started with 200 invites and I am praying for 50-60 guests.

    How many OOT bags are you planning?

    Are the DJ/sound prices that you have from Valeria? They look similar. I will check them when I get back home this weeked~ just to make sure that we are all getting the same information.

    I just realized that you are getting married the weekend after I am! Are you coming in on Tuesday the 7th?

    #32 lauraandmatt

    lauraandmatt
    • Newbie
    • 127 posts

      Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

      Good morning! I am so jealous that the two of you have SO much more information that I do! The only thing that I have done at this point is reserve and pay for the wedding deposit. I talked to Claudia earlier this week and she told me that she is not my onsite wedding cord. About three months prior to the wedding, I will be assigned a onsite wedding cord that will help me with the live music, reception extras, etc... Perhaps this is because I am having 12-20 people at my wedding. I sent a list of questions to Claudia and she responded by saying that she will forward my information to the onsite wedding cord. I am about three months away from the wedding, so I hope to get a call soon. I may call Valeria and see if she can help me. Is she located in Mexico or Miami?

      I just started to think about my OOT bags. I made a list of items that I am going to get. I just need to go out and get them. Thanks for the Target suggestion. After looking your emails, I think that I want fireworks now too! I was planning on bringing the IPOD, but I don't want to ask a guest of mine to handle it all night. I might look into the DJ thing for 2 hours. Thank you for all of the information that you have shared with me!

      #33 Lindsey

      Lindsey
      • Newbie
      • 54 posts

        Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

        Ladies~ strange situation. I received different sound prices than the ones posted earlier. This is why I wanted to confirm. (From what I understand, this happens a lot in Mexico.) I have:
        Small wedding (2-40 PPL)
        1 Self Powered Speaker
        1 CD Player
        1 IPOD Plug
        1 Wireless Mic
        Set Up
        $180
        Time frame is not specified- I assume for the length of the reception?

        Larger wedding (45-100 PPL)
        2 Self Powered Speakers
        1 Audio Mixer (6 channels)
        1 CD PLayer
        1 IPOD Plug
        1 Wireless Mic
        Set Up
        $310
        Time frame is not specified- I assume for the length of the reception?

        DJ- 2 Hours to include:
        4 self powered speakers
        1 audio mixer
        1 CD player
        DJ Equip
        1 Wireless Mic
        DJ 2 Hours
        Set Up
        $760

        DJ- 4 Hours to include:
        4 self powered speakers
        1 audio mixer
        1 CD player
        DJ Equip
        1 Wireless Mic
        DJ 4 Hours
        Set Up
        $890

        Luxury Package: (Up to 100 PPL)
        16 Lights (to be set up around the area with different colors)
        6 LED Lamps
        4 Self Powered Speakers
        1 Audio Mixer
        1 Wireless Mic
        CD Player
        DJ Mixer for 4 hours
        Set Up
        $1600

        Memory Package (Up to 50 PPL)
        96" X 96" White Screen
        1 Self Powered Speaker
        1 DVD Player
        1 Wireless Mic
        Setup
        $620


        Interesting!!! I wonder if they have changed companies since September. Did your prices come from PSAV? I hope your prices are more current- because they seem a little lower!

        #34 beebumble27

        beebumble27
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lindsey
          Awesome! Thanks for the info on the Spanish for dummies.....

          I am not sure how many people will end up coming. This could get interesting quickly! We started with 200 invites and I am praying for 50-60 guests.

          How many OOT bags are you planning?

          Are the DJ/sound prices that you have from Valeria? They look similar. I will check them when I get back home this weeked~ just to make sure that we are all getting the same information.

          I just realized that you are getting married the weekend after I am! Are you coming in on Tuesday the 7th?
          I am planning on doing one OOT bag per room (only for those staying at the hotel). A few (4) are staying somewhere else through timeshares. I brought these big straw bags (once I learn how to post pics I will) in different colors. So far I am including: bamboo mats, flip flops for each person in the room, spanish for dummies book, and welcome letter. That DJ info. is from Valeria who put me in contact with:
          Jorge Chagoya A
          Director de Audiovisual
          J&S Audiovisual M©xico
          who handles this in house for the palace resorts. Let me know if you need the contact info.

          I am currently coming in that Wed the 8th, but we are considering changing it to Tues. the 7th. Yep, it is the week right after you!!!

          #35 beebumble27

          beebumble27
          • Newbie
          • 89 posts

            Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

            Interesting!!! I wonder if they have changed companies since September. Did your prices come from PSAV? I hope your prices are more current- because they seem a little lower![/QUOTE]

            I see your frustration. I emailed you (can't remember if I did in the past) the info. I had on the music packages. Hope that helps. This is exactly why it is nice to speak with and compare the prices we all have to keep everything straight :) I'm not sure if they changes companies but anything is possible!

            #36 beebumble27

            beebumble27
            • Newbie
            • 89 posts

              Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lauraandmatt
              Good morning! I am so jealous that the two of you have SO much more information that I do! The only thing that I have done at this point is reserve and pay for the wedding deposit. I talked to Claudia earlier this week and she told me that she is not my onsite wedding cord. About three months prior to the wedding, I will be assigned a onsite wedding cord that will help me with the live music, reception extras, etc... Perhaps this is because I am having 12-20 people at my wedding. I sent a list of questions to Claudia and she responded by saying that she will forward my information to the onsite wedding cord. I am about three months away from the wedding, so I hope to get a call soon. I may call Valeria and see if she can help me. Is she located in Mexico or Miami?

              I just started to think about my OOT bags. I made a list of items that I am going to get. I just need to go out and get them. Thanks for the Target suggestion. After looking your emails, I think that I want fireworks now too! I was planning on bringing the IPOD, but I don't want to ask a guest of mine to handle it all night. I might look into the DJ thing for 2 hours. Thank you for all of the information that you have shared with me!
              Don't worry...I bet they are in contact with you this week!!

              #37 beebumble27

              beebumble27
              • Newbie
              • 89 posts

                Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

                I'm planning on doing the boarding pass as the actual invite for the wedding....what are you guys doing? Also, when do you plan to send them out for the wedding? I have already sent the STDs and included the booking info. Most have already booked. But I am still planning on sending out the formal invite as well. Is it bad if I only send the formal invite to those I know are attending?

                #38 lauraandmatt

                lauraandmatt
                • Newbie
                • 127 posts

                  Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

                  Hello.. I am still trying to figure out my invitations. I've look at so many invitations and nothing has jumped out at me. I do like the idea of the boarding pass, so I may consider that and be done with it. Are you making your own invites or using a company?

                  Lindsey-
                  When did you get the new price info? We were planning on using the Ipod for music, but decided this weekend that we want the DJ. I don't want to ask anyone to handle the ipod. We are still debating between 2 & 4 hours. With a small group, two hours will probably be enough.

                  Have either of you reserved the sky terrace for the reception? Is dinner served outside or inside one of the resturants?

                  #39 beebumble27

                  beebumble27
                  • Newbie
                  • 89 posts

                    Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

                    I emailed as well to see if I would get the same price sheet...which is exactly what they sent. I did send an email for them to clarify package number 4...I think it has one extra 1 listed in te price by mistake. Just want it all corrected and wanted to let you know as well.

                    #40 beebumble27

                    beebumble27
                    • Newbie
                    • 89 posts

                      Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beebumble27
                      I emailed as well to see if I would get the same price sheet...which is exactly what they sent. I did send an email for them to clarify package number 4...I think it has one extra 1 listed in te price by mistake. Just want it all corrected and wanted to let you know as well.
                      I forgot to say what this was in reference to....




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users