Beach Palace in Cancun???

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#191 AshleyNicole

AshleyNicole
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hello ladies,

I thought I would chime in here and share the photos of real weddings at Beach Palace as well as my site visit pics from November. Here are the 'real' wedding links:

http://shirazphotogr...blog.com/?p=574

http://www.chrisbalt...nation-wedding/

http://blog.morganly...-palace-resort/

Here are my site visit pics. There are also some Cancun Palace pics in here.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Also, the pricing will vary based on the room type that you select. I'm getting married in September this year and the lowest room category (deluxe resort view) for 2 adults for 5 nights is $1600 (includes airport transfers). We have a Group Contract with a TA and have booked 21 rooms thus far but I'm not confident that we got a great deal on the rates. I probably should have done more research. These rates pretty much match the rates on the Palace Resorts website but I would think having such a large group would qualify us for a 'deal'. Maybe that's where the amenities come into play. Once we book 25 rooms or more (which we will) the B&G get 7 nights comped with a room upgrade and unlimited private functions (ie rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, reception, etc).   

#192 shelbs97

shelbs97
    • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#193 amh777

amh777
      • 117 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

As I'm getting closer to the wedding date I am having more and more questions... to all you brides who have already had your wedding @ Beach Palace---

1) Is a cake stand necessary? Not sure what they use/have to put it on

2) Did you use a money/card box? Wondering if its somewhat gauche considering that people already had to lay out a good amount of money to make the trip in the first place. Just dont want anyone who DOES bring a card to have nowhere to put it, etc.

3) If you had a reception -- which of the different plazas/areas did you use and why? I think there are like 3 choices and the 2 smaller ones are probably what I would choose, just not sure which is better or has the better layout

4) Did you have a guest book, or did you use something else similar?

THANKS!!!

#194 amh777

amh777
        • 117 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Oops forgot... I'm having a devil of a time getting my Miami WC to reply to me. Has anyone gotten a different WC if your first one is nonresponsvie, and if so, what is the best way to do that? Email? Phone?  thanks! 

#195 shelbs97

shelbs97
          • 85 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by amh777 

Oops forgot... I'm having a devil of a time getting my Miami WC to reply to me. Has anyone gotten a different WC if your first one is nonresponsvie, and if so, what is the best way to do that? Email? Phone?  thanks! 

I complained and got a different WC out of Miami.  I was dealing with Pilar, who does Member Weddings.  She was SO RUDE to me.  I said I would cancel outright if they didn't give me someone else, so they switched my WC to Lisa Lizano who is the Supervisor of the weddings dept.  Lisa is awesome!  (Pilar no longer works for Palace Resorts, I believe she left about a month ago).

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#196 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

Let me know if you find out these answers! :)

Originally Posted by amh777 

As I'm getting closer to the wedding date I am having more and more questions... to all you brides who have already had your wedding @ Beach Palace---

1) Is a cake stand necessary? Not sure what they use/have to put it on

2) Did you use a money/card box? Wondering if its somewhat gauche considering that people already had to lay out a good amount of money to make the trip in the first place. Just dont want anyone who DOES bring a card to have nowhere to put it, etc.

3) If you had a reception -- which of the different plazas/areas did you use and why? I think there are like 3 choices and the 2 smaller ones are probably what I would choose, just not sure which is better or has the better layout

4) Did you have a guest book, or did you use something else similar?

THANKS!!!

#197 kd1116

kd1116
            • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hi ladies! does anybody know the options for indoor receptions or have pictures. I am having trouble locating this info. and this is my determining factor as to where I book :)

#198 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

i am interested as well!

Originally Posted by kd1116 

Hi ladies! does anybody know the options for indoor receptions or have pictures. I am having trouble locating this info. and this is my determining factor as to where I book :)

#199 kd1116

kd1116
              • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

i cant find anything anywhere about private indoor receptions and with the amount of people im having i definitely want a private indoor reception " i will keep looking!

#200 lcirelli

lcirelli
                • Banned
                • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hello, I am not sure if you are refering to Beach Palace or Cancun palace, but I know for a fact that Cancun palace has an entire convention center, and we are having our reception in a ballroom there.  They have 3-4 balroom/conference rooms. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users