Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace in Cancun???


  • Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#111 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
  • Newbie
  • 65 posts

    Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

    If we get teh number of guests I'm anticipating, aproximately 50 - 60 ppl, then we'll have a private reception.  But mostly because all private functions are free if your group books enough room nights.

     

    I've seen some pics that their decor company sent me and it looks nice, but it comes with a price.

     

    As for review of musicians you should check out the Moon Palace threads.  Lots more brides get marreid there and have discussed all of that stuff.
     

    Originally Posted by amh777 

    Thanks to everyone for the info! Thisisit-- you said you had a friend who recently had a Beach Palace wedding... any way you can talk her into sharing any photos or insights?:)

     

    I'm also curious who all is getting a private reception--- is it worth it seeing as everything they would be serving would be essentially things that all my guests could get for "free" anyway since its all inclusive.. or does it seem too informal to let people just all meet up at a less busy bar? I dont expect to have more than 20-25 people. We'll probably invite 50-60 and I expect about half to show up.  Has anyone seen the set ups they do for the private reception for less than 30 people? No decorations, I presume, which is fine...

     

    Last question (for now) -- also curious about people's opinions on the soloists or mariachi bands. I was thinking of getting the harpist for the ceremony --- anyone heard anything about which sounds better-- harpist or mariachi band?




    "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

    #112 Thisisit2011

    Thisisit2011
    • Newbie
    • 65 posts

      Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

      she might have jsut gotten the complimentary package and either paid extra for gray fabric or they had it available and jsut used it instead.  Or she might have brought it with her.  But definately not a wedding package.
       

      Originally Posted by amh777 

      Thisisit- thanks for the photo link!!! I have yet to see anything else that shows the site so well!!! Any guesses as to whether or not she had a wedding package, and if so, which one? I didnt recognize the colors...




      "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

      #113 Thisisit2011

      Thisisit2011
      • Newbie
      • 65 posts

        Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

        Great detective work amh777!  These pictures are making super excited.  Still not sure what wedding package it is but the colors and style are the exact same as teh first wedding I posted, so it must be something that tehy let you know if available once you get in the thick of planning.

         

        This is so exciting!


        "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

        #114 lauraandmatt

        lauraandmatt
        • Newbie
        • 127 posts

          Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

          I was married at Beach Palace April 23, 2009.  I know that things have changed since then, but would be willing to send you a link to my wedding photos.  If interested, send me an email to lauralking2@yahoo.com.  I can send you an invite from shutterfly to view the "Palace resort photographer photos" and some other photos that our guests took.  

           

          We stayed at Cancun Palace and was married at Beach Palace.  Looking on back on things, we wished we would have stayed at Beach palace. It had a cool vibe and had a much younger crowd! When we were there, there was NO beach at all, so a beach wedding was out of the question,

           

          Have fun planning and feel free to reach out to me if you want to see my photos.

           



          #115 amh777

          amh777
          • Newbie
          • 117 posts

            Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

            Laura, thanks!! Sending you an email right now!!!



            #116 lauraandmatt

            lauraandmatt
            • Newbie
            • 127 posts

              Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

              http://beachpalacewe...hutterfly.com/#

               

              Here is the link to the website that I created with some photos of Beach Palace.  Look for the photo book on the page and click on it to see the photos.

               



              #117 AshleyNicole

              AshleyNicole
              • Newbie
              • 29 posts

                Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:57 PM


                Thisisit2011 and amh777 - I have a sneaky suspicion that the pics we've seen with the gray fabric might actually be the diamond package. They all have the chandelier thing above the table and the clear stone and white orchid aisle decor. What do you think? This is the package I've selected but the gray fabric looks nothing like the brochure pic but the aisle decor and chandelier do. I may need to change if that's what it actually looks like. Any thoughts?
                 

                Originally Posted by Thisisit2011 

                Great detective work amh777!  These pictures are making super excited.  Still not sure what wedding package it is but the colors and style are the exact same as teh first wedding I posted, so it must be something that tehy let you know if available once you get in the thick of planning.

                 

                This is so exciting!





                #118 AshleyNicole

                AshleyNicole
                • Newbie
                • 29 posts

                  Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:01 PM


                  Thank you so much Laura for your email with the pics! I have to agree that the pics aren't exaclty what I had in mind for a professional photographer though. I didn't realize most of the pics were taken in the hotel room! You asked if I was using the resort photographer and I don't believe we have a choice as the contract we signed says no outside vendors. However, one of our guests is a photographer and will be taking pics as well but I want him to enjoy the ceremony and celebration and not 'work' the whole time. Should I say anything about my friend or not? Do you know otherwise about having an outside vendor?

                   

                  Thanks ~

                  Ashley
                   

                  Originally Posted by lauraandmatt 

                  I was married at Beach Palace April 23, 2009.  I know that things have changed since then, but would be willing to send you a link to my wedding photos.  If interested, send me an email to lauralking2@yahoo.com.  I can send you an invite from shutterfly to view the "Palace resort photographer photos" and some other photos that our guests took.  

                   

                  We stayed at Cancun Palace and was married at Beach Palace.  Looking on back on things, we wished we would have stayed at Beach palace. It had a cool vibe and had a much younger crowd! When we were there, there was NO beach at all, so a beach wedding was out of the question,

                   

                  Have fun planning and feel free to reach out to me if you want to see my photos.

                   





                  #119 Thisisit2011

                  Thisisit2011
                  • Newbie
                  • 65 posts

                    Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

                    That's a good guess but I'm pretty suer they can get what ever color fabric you want up there.  I'm wondering how much it would cost to get some flowers up there.

                     

                    Probably the best thing to do is ask the wedding coordinator.  I'm sure they can execute whatever you want done.


                     

                    Originally Posted by AshleyNicole 


                    Thisisit2011 and amh777 - I have a sneaky suspicion that the pics we've seen with the gray fabric might actually be the diamond package. They all have the chandelier thing above the table and the clear stone and white orchid aisle decor. What do you think? This is the package I've selected but the gray fabric looks nothing like the brochure pic but the aisle decor and chandelier do. I may need to change if that's what it actually looks like. Any thoughts?
                     


                     



                    "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

                    #120 lauraandmatt

                    lauraandmatt
                    • Newbie
                    • 127 posts

                      Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

                      Ashley-

                      If you have a guest attending the wedding who is a photographer, I think that it's ok.  When I got married, I could have brought in a photographer only if the photographer was a guest staying at one of the palace resorts.  I'm not sure if I sent you all 300 photos, but most of them were taken in the room! Very tacky, in my opinion! Things may have changed.  It's great that you have a photographer as a guest. It's a guarantee that you will get some great photos! Prior to the wedding, I sent my onsite cordinator a list of photos that I wanted to have taken and all of them were disregarded!!   Another option, you can make plans with a photographer the day after your wedding to take photos of you guys. Some of the locals will make plans to have your hair and make up done again for the photos.  Just a thought...

                       

                      I see that you are talking about the various packages that the resort offers.. That is new.  I was able to bring my own decorations for the wedding arch and the table and chairs.  Are they charging for that now?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users