Photo

Blau Varadero

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#121 ceecee2014

ceecee2014
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Has anyone been to this resort recently?! It has such good reviews and we are torn between the Blau (we have great price quotes) and the Iberostar Laguna Azul.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been to the Blau for a wedding. :)

#122 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
    • Site Supporter
    • 406 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
    • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ceecee2014 

Has anyone been to this resort recently?! It has such good reviews and we are torn between the Blau (we have great price quotes) and the Iberostar Laguna Azul.

if you are on Facebook, there is a Blau Varadero page that has many brides that got married there...you would get a response fairly quickly

17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
    Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#123 csho

csho
    • 1,007 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
    • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Have you made your decision yet Ceecee?

#124 ceecee2014

ceecee2014
    • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I have and I am going to the Blau. It seems really relaxed, which will suit us and our guests just fine! The Wedding Coordinator at the Blau, Sabina, is awesome. She often responds to emails within hours. It's wild. I've heard so many horror stories about people having challenges hearing back from their resorts, but it's been really easy to work with them! It's not as flashy as some other places, but I think it's going to be such a blast. :)
      I'll be sure to provide a detailed review when I'm back, so share with any others who might be interested in the Blau as well.

#125 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
      • 213 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
      • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hello Blau Brides, I am so happy to have found this thread! It's hard to find Cuba info on here. I am getting married at the Blau Varadero January 2014 and we are so excited! The WC Sabina is amazing, she's been very helpful and accomodating. The info and discussions here from past Blau Brides has been really helpful I am so excited for our special day! Where is everyone right now with your planning process? I just ordered our gift/goodie bags and cake toppers...things are progressing! Not much left to do! :)

Happy planning, hope to hear from you soon!

Jackie

#126 ceecee2014

ceecee2014
      • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'll be getting a little before you, Jackie! I still need to get in touch with Sabina though for the details. I've heard great things about her which is awesome. It's nice to have another Blau Bride to connect with.

#127 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
        • 213 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Quote:

I'll be getting a little before you, Jackie! I still need to get in touch with Sabina though for the details. I've heard great things about her which is awesome. It's nice to have another Blau Bride to connect with.

Ceecee when is your wedding? Yes it's SO GREAT to connect with other Blau brides. Sabina is amazing, I cannot say enough about her so far!

#128 ceecee2014

ceecee2014
        • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't checked this site in a while. Our wedding is January 14th. :)
          I've heard great things about Sabina (and the Blau in general, mostly about how accommodating and relaxed they are - which is great because I am fairly low-key).

Happy to hear that you have great things to say about her as well! I do need to get in touch with her fairly soon, as I have some vegetarians coming with me, so I want to be sure that for the wedding dinner there is plenty of food that they can eat, though I understand that they do have quite a few options.

When will you be down there?!

#129 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
          • 213 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Quote:

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't checked this site in a while. Our wedding is January 14th. :)
          I've heard great things about Sabina (and the Blau in general, mostly about how accommodating and relaxed they are - which is great because I am fairly low-key).

Happy to hear that you have great things to say about her as well! I do need to get in touch with her fairly soon, as I have some vegetarians coming with me, so I want to be sure that for the wedding dinner there is plenty of food that they can eat, though I understand that they do have quite a few options.

When will you be down there?!

Yes Sabina is great, she's on the ball. She's already hounding me for our passport info to get our paperwork started. What a gal! We arrive Jan 19th, wedding 23rd and leave the Blau on the 27th. We are changing resorts and staying another week at the Iberostar.

I also have dietary concerns, a few of our guests are Celiac. I've mentioned this to Sabina and she said the chefs are on duty during the buffet times so if they have questions they can talk to them. I hope they are familiar with gluten free and Celiac! I don't want these girls getting sick! My Aunt and Uncle were at this resort two years ago and said the food was great, so I feel better and I'm not as stressed as I first was about it. I'm sure vegetarians won't have any problems either :)

Are you using the resort photographer?

#130 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
          • 213 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lydia1120 

if you are on Facebook, there is a Blau Varadero page that has many brides that got married there...you would get a response fairly quickly

Thanks Lydia! I have found a Blau FB page but it doesn't have any recent photos of weddings, just pics of the resort. Am I on the right page? Am I looking in the right spot?

Also, do any past Blau brides have reviews/comments about the resort photgrapher and salon for hair and makeup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users