Jump to content

Photo

What do you collect?


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
  • Jr. Member
  • 382 posts

    Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

    BTW, I got the job at MAC...YAY!!!

    #62 Betsy

    Betsy

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

      Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

      I "collect" hallmark christmas ornaments. My mom got us one every year from the time we were born on up. And now I do it for my kids. Whatever ornament we got symbolized something we did that year, like the year we got our kitty, we got a kitty ornament. I guess thats more of a tradition.

      I would LOVE to collect wine, but I always drink it to fast too! Maybe I will have to start getting a wine I don't like, that way it will stay around for awhile.

      AND I think I want to start collecting fine china. I never was really into it, but now I love cooking, and having people over, and I think it would be cool to serve them on nice china from all over the world.......

      #63 ErinB

      ErinB

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

        Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

        I collect extra pounds. It seems like every day I just get fatter and fatter. Hopefully BL6 will help me eliminate my collection!

        #64 Betsy

        Betsy

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

          Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ErinB
          I collect extra pounds. It seems like every day I just get fatter and fatter. Hopefully BL6 will help me eliminate my collection!
          Yes, I do too. I heard it was the hottest new thing to collect. People are lining up to collect pounds around here. They are going fast. But somehow, even somewhat mysteriously, I can always seem to keep adding to my already enormous collection.

          #65 Jess

          Jess
          • Sr. Member
          • 4,455 posts

            Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

            I collect postcards from every city/country I visit. I love to travel, so this is fun...I have about 3 shoeboxes full of different places

            #66 budgetjamaicabride

            budgetjamaicabride
            • Member
            • 516 posts

              Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Betsy
              Yes, I do too. I heard it was the hottest new thing to collect. People are lining up to collect pounds around here. They are going fast. But somehow, even somewhat mysteriously, I can always seem to keep adding to my already enormous collection.
              Everytime someone tells me they have lost weight, I tell them I found it and ask if they would like it back. I get some strange looks.

              I collect snowmen. First of all, you can't be upset when looking at snowmen. Second, when you put them up for the holidays, they can stay up through February because they are winter, not Christmas. :)

              I had started a collection of americana style stuff in my kitchen before I moved to Texas last year. This is because my Labrador's name is Liberty and she was born on the 4th of july, so people thought it was awesome to give me things that said Liberty or had a black lab and a flag on it... so I painted my kitchen Navy Blue and the cabinets white and ran with it.

              #67 march132010

              march132010
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,057 posts

                Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

                We collect wine from our travels a date with a gold pen

                #68 bnbrmy

                bnbrmy
                • Jr. Member
                • 218 posts

                  Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

                  I collect Alice in Wonderland.ANYTHING ALICE IN WONDERLAND!!! currently hinting at a first edition Alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass.

                  #69 caribbeanLover

                  caribbeanLover
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,619 posts

                    Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

                    I collect snow globes!! but I stop asking for them as I no long have room for them.I just get ones when I travel somewhere new, or if someone else does I ask for one of the country or what's known for, like Kansas city is Dorthy so I have one ,of the shoes and they click together when you play the music!
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

                    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

                    #70 boscobel

                    boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

                      Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

                      Hmmmm, how did I miss this thread for so long!

                      I'm pretty boring. I want a cool collection too!! The only thing I could say we "collect" is a Christmas ornament for whatever big thing happened that year, with the date on it. My parents had 1/year for each of us growing up and I used to think it was so cool. I hope that one day my mom gathers them all together and passes them along to me.

                      I guess I could say I collect nail polish. I buy a new one just about everytime I go into the drugstore, I probably have hundreds and I barely even paint my nails anymore!

                      The other thing I guess I could say I collect is crafts. I am addicted to buying craft stuff. Lately, I've even used the stuff to actually make stuff [gasp]! But I have tons and tons just boxed up.

                      I'd really love to have something to collect, but I can never think of anything that I want a collection of!

                      I don''t have a hibiscus collection yet, but I imagine I will soon. I love them.

                      Betsy - I've been thinking about China lately too b/c we've been having people over so often. Would you collect all different kinds? Just wondering cuz I always think of China in complete sets, but I do like mismatched stuff, I just think I might feel pressure trying to find mismatched stuff that was complimentary. Damn, I didn't even START collecting it and I'm already over-analyzing!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Betsy
                      I "collect" hallmark christmas ornaments. My mom got us one every year from the time we were born on up. And now I do it for my kids. Whatever ornament we got symbolized something we did that year, like the year we got our kitty, we got a kitty ornament. I guess thats more of a tradition.

                      I would LOVE to collect wine, but I always drink it to fast too! Maybe I will have to start getting a wine I don't like, that way it will stay around for awhile.

                      AND I think I want to start collecting fine china. I never was really into it, but now I love cooking, and having people over, and I think it would be cool to serve them on nice china from all over the world.......





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users