What do you collect?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

I am crazy about anything related to wine - i have an extensive collection of wine - real bottles of wine, archivally stored.

yeh.. wine.

#22 Angel

• 2,635 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

I'm not big on collecting but since I travel alot the only thing that I seem to like from different places are shot glasses.

#23 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Angel
        I'm not big on collecting but since I travel alot the only thing that I seem to like from different places are shot glasses.
        I collect shot glasses too!!

#24 Jenn79

• 625 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
          yay! I'm not the only geek. We have all the Hallmark Star Wars Ornaments....my fiance knew he loved me when he saw my collection. We've also started collecting the Star Wars Themed Mr Potato Heads.
          Definitely not the only geek! I actually have a separate tree at Christmas (a small one)for my ornaments!

My brother-in-law has been in "charge" of finding the Potato Heads for me, but I recently took a look at Amazon.com and found out there are four or five that I didn't even know existed! *sigh*
          Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
          Review Pictures Pro Pictures
          "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#25 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

I collect a few things.. hmm

1. Beanie babies - most are put away now and I haven't bought a new one in years

2. Books. I have so many paperbacks - I LOVE reading

3. Magnets from places we've been

4. Wizard/dragon things

I'm sure there are others I will think of later :)

#26 Celina

• Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Cute thread Alyssa! We arent' big collectors, but we do buy an ornament for each year to symbolize something big that happened in the year. I used to collect Marilyn Monroe stuff when I was younger.
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#27 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

I collect xmas ornaments too. About 5 years ago when care bears came back out I started collecting them. I knew i wasn't going to have a kid anytime soon (at that time) and i was afraid they wouldn't be around when I did have kids so I started buying them and packing them away for my future daughter. So hopefully when i do get prego, I have a girl. lol
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#28 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

I used to collect stickers way back when, but I don't even know where my sticker book ended up to now!
                  Over the years I have also sort of collected pins. I haven't really gotten pins from everywhere that I go, but if I see a pin that I like, I get it and put it in my pin collection box.
                  I also collect pop cans/bottles from different places that we travel. I have a coke bottle from Italy that ended up costing $12 for (which is why we all brought them home with us! LMAO), then I have some bottles from Dominincan, Mexico and Cuba! Most of them are Coke brand, but there are some Pepsi and 7-up too!
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#29 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

I collect SNOW GLOBES. They make me smile!! I have so many. I started collecting them in high school. I have one from all my travels. The one thing that sucks now is trying to bring on back on the plane. You gotta check in luggage if you wanna take a nice one home.

I have a display case at my parents house full of globes and a display case at my own home.

Family and friends give them to me as gifts. I have so many doubles because of gifts given.

I always wanted to do SNOW GLOBES as wedding favors. But to much trouble for a DW.

I recently started collecting STARBUCKS BARISTA BEARS! I even have one from the Philippines. I think I started to collect them because I am from Seattle and love Starbucks.
                    WE ARE MARRIED!!

#30 LisaG

• VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

Oh and my DH collected baseball & basketball cards. He has a crap load of them in our atick (sp?). He also use to collect anything Mickey Mouse. We have a scary amount of MM stuff that he refuses to get rid of. So that is also taking up alot of space. I'm sure it's all worth a ton of $$ since everything is still in the original boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users