What time did most people get married at & why?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 ehegwer

• 139 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

As a pro, I love the sunset light. Thirty or so minutes before the sun sets makes for the best shots of the two of you. Hands down. It's that golden color, just warm and tasty.

#12 Natashak

• 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Our WC suggested 6:00pm but I didn't want our guests eating dinner to late so we are going for 5:00pm

#13 RichardMay

• 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

5pm is standard for destination weddings in Costa Rica. Most civil (legal) ceremonies do not last more than 15-20 minutes and sunset will will vary between 5:45 and 6:05 pm... so there isn't much difference between the longest and shortest days of the year.

A 5pm ceremony allows for a handful of group shots and a nice selection of portraits before it gets too dark. Of course, if you have a large group or you want more than just a few formal group shots then move the ceremony up to 4:30.

#14 Davematthews16

• Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

We're getting married at 4:00pm. I asked my WC what the best time for the sun is and 4:00 was the time she suggested. :)

#15 claudiabenitez

• 77 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Natashak
            Sorry I'm just trying to decide what is a good time to get married & see what most of you picked!

My ceremony starts at 4:30 pm so at 5 pm we can start the photo sesion wit JCT. I wanted both natural light and the sunset to be in my pictures and the sunset time for April 10, 2009 is 7:54 pm (Local time).

Good Luck!

#16 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
            • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Just for you to take in account that Mexico does follow the daylight saving time, so be careful with the information in the web pages, they may not be considering this.

Happy planning!

#17 royfa

• 2,201 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Our ceremony starts at 4 pm. It was pretty much the only available time but we we're ok with it. It will leaves time for the coktails, pics etc..
                Fannie & Pierre

#18 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Of course I guess the best time will depend upon what time of year you get married. I am getting married in November and I selected a 4pm start time for the ceremony. THis is what the photographer recommended for the best light to do our beach portraits. Photos were most important to us!

#19 stelladiver

• 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

The few WC's we talked to suggest doing the ceremony about 1.5 hours before sunset. Assuming your ceremony takes about 30 minutes, you'll be able to use the hour after the ceremony right before sunset to take your photos. This is usually when the sky and ocean backdrop are the most beautiful. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users