booked our location! (blue parrot)

We've had a lot of drama with our wedding location...way back in March I thought I had booked Mosquito Beach for our wedding. I received an email that they had the date reserved for me at that time. After numerous attempts to contact them to set up a meeting on my trip there last week, I finally got a reply and they informed me that they had no record of my wedding date and now they had a minimum 15 room booking (new policy). I let them know that I had reserved the date months ago and that there was no such policy at the time...but they had the nerve to tell me that I cancelled my wedding and that I should look back at my emails. I think I would know if I cancelled my own wedding :)

So, considering their poor service when just trying to book the date, we decided to find a new location (after already sending out save the dates for Mosquito Beach, oops!) We narrowed it down to La Tortuga, Playa Palms, Blue Parrot, and Azul Sensorati as an all inclusive option.

La Tortuga wasn't on the beach so we nixed that option...Playa Palms is gorgeous but there isn't anything there so we would have to bring everything in...and the reception would have to be at a different location. Azul was already booked on our date...then we went on a site visit to Blue Parrot and it was perfect for what we were looking for! Paula, the coordinator, was so sweet and easy to talk with, and the property was beautiful. We'll have the ceremony beachfront, the cocktails in the beachfront palapa, and the dinner/dancing in the VIP rooftop lounge overlooking the ocean. We're so excited! They make it very easy to arrange, as they have already priced out rentals, ceremony setup, dj, etc, which means less work for us. And they are letting us bring in some outside vendors which I already had booked (officiant, photographer, and videographer)

So, if you're looking for a small intimate venue in PDC area email me as I have looked into LOTS of places!

the ceremony setup

Click the image to open in full size.

the VIP lounge

the VIP lounge

the ceremony location

the palapa for cocktail hour

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather,

Sounds like things ended working out perfectly for you! Were you using a wedding coordinator previously to Paula? If so, who were you using?

I just contacted Paula myself today actually, trying to see what type of packages they offer and their prices.

I am actually in contact w/ Ajua Weddings..but we want to see our other options as prices have risen on a few things due to fuel costs and the dollar/peso value(according to our coordinator) which makes sense.

Do you think you can give some info on this? As far as what they are charging for the set-up/dinner/flowers etc. What photographer are you using?

Where are you and your guests staying? Also, how many guests will you have? We most likely will only have 15-20 guests, I wonder if that is too small to be help at the Blue Parrot??

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

PDCbride, I've tried to answer your questions below...

Do you think you can give some info on this? As far as what they are charging for the set-up/dinner/flowers etc. What photographer are you using?

They have a pretty extensive a la carte rate list for pretty much everything you might need. Email me (eclecticimages@yahoo.com) and I'll send it over to you. But basically, the ceremony set up fee is around $200 which includes the aisle runner, chairs, and chair covers and ties, the palapa rental is around $350 as is the VIP lounge, they have DJ service for around $700 and floral services as well. Table/chair rentals are pretty reasonable as well...Dinners range from $22 up to I think $30+ per person, plus drinks and appetizers. We're bringing in our own photographer from here in Austin, she is my past assistant so that part was easy for me since I shoot weddings for a living :)

Where are you and your guests staying? Also, how many guests will you have? We most likely will only have 15-20 guests, I wonder if that is too small to be help at the Blue Parrot??

We are going to stay at a hotel called Playa Palms that is just 50 feet down the street. It is very cute, quaint, and clean, and is right on the beach and near everything in downtown Playa. Most of our guests will stay there too, rooms start around $150 per night and all have little kitchenettes. We're getting a group discount of 10% off for a min 10 room booking. I'm not sure the minimum number of guests for Blue Parrot, but I bet they can work with you.

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hope this was helpful. Email me if you have any more questions!