Tipping etiquette

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 kris

• 506 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

I didn't even think about tipping anything to do with the wedding before we left but I did end up tipping each waiter, the DJ and the bartenders $20 each that night because they went above and beyond. I definitely regret not thinking about this beforehand. It would have been nice to have thank you cards etc for the wedding coordinator and others.

#62 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

We are planning to tip the wait staff, maids and bartenders, but not much beyond that. We are open depending on the level of service we receive however

#63 BeachBride83

• 196 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tennyt1
        Yup alway tip for dinners at AI, but tipping for the wedding has me stumped this is a great thread.
        I don't think this is accurate-Don't most AI's not allow tipping at all?
        Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#64 Angel-in-Law

• 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Gratuity is added to the cost of food and drink at my reception so I will pre-paid that beforehand. I'll try to set aside some extra cash for any extraordinary service but I don't anticipate tipping every vendor.

#65 jeninesmom

• 74 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

What about an all inclusive with a "free" wedding package?
            My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#66 Mrs.B

• 455 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

This thread has been very helpful. However, I am still not sure on the appropriate amount for a WC. My wedding coordinator prices are slightly higher than the average. It's not detailed, but I somehow feel the tip has already been included in the cost of her services.

#67 memrnst

• 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

I've read that if the person owns their own business then no tip is expected/required. If it's a person working for someone else's business then etiquette suggests a tip.

#68 hwilley218

• Site Supporter
                • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

This thread is great- I plan on tipping service staff throughout our stay but giving our WC a small gift and possibly some money.  but that's about it. 

Sandos Playacar May 7th 2011

#69 gowiththeflow

• 125 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

just wanted to bump this thread. We leave in 4 days and I was just thinking about this stuff! We will probably tip the DJ (if he does a good job), the waiters, and bartenders. Tips are included in the per person price, but for I like to tip for good service. We are getting married off of the resort.  I don't understand tipping the videographer or officiant. It seems they should charge what they want to get paid.  I will probably tip the photographer once we get photos.  As far as our WC, we really paid her already for her services, but she has been very helpful, so we will probably tip a bit more.  This stuff really stresses me out!!

#70 traceysteve

• 328 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

I like the idea of a small gift for the WC, and I agree with the wait staff, bartenders. I will also keep in mind to have a few generic thank you cards on me, in case I feel the need to tip someone else. But, gowiththeflow, please enjoy yourself, have a fantastic time, and share when you get back!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users