• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

well i can't tell you anything scientific, but we were married in july and the sun didn't start to set until about 7.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brit11898
    Hi again! I am loving all the posts and great tips- keep them coming. I was wondering about sunset times. We are having a 5:00pm wedding on May 22, 2009- and I am wondering about pictures. My fiacne really wants to wait to see me till right down the isle and do the pics afterwards- but will it be too dark??

#32 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
    • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

Brit11898-
      Are you staying at the Yucatan as well?? We aregetting married the day before you! That's neat! How is planning going?
      [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
      May 20, 2009
      Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
      Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#33 brit11898

brit11898
      • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Kara and Ryan-
        yeah we are getting there tuesday- staying till sunday then honeymooning at the barcelo palace till thursday. What about you??
        That is so exciting! Plans are going pretty well- just kinda waiting for it to get closer so I can start doing more things. Are you bringing a lot of decorations or place settings along with you? Who are you having for your photographer?

#34 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
        • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

Brit-
          I am going to bring some decorations... centerpieces, napkins, etc.... not place settings though. I am still undecided on a photographer. Whenever I contact RIU they tell me that I am not allowed any outside vendors.... but I have seen other RIU brides that have.... so I am a bit confused. What about you?? Have you run into any problems??
          [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
          May 20, 2009
          Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#35 brit11898

brit11898
          • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

Kara-
            I am still undecided on decorations. But as for the photos- I hired Paul/Rachel Schrank of Playaweddings. Basicall I have to book them one night stay so they are considered "guests" of my wedding- that is the loop hole.

#36 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
            • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

Britt-
              Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. I will look into it now!
              [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
              May 20, 2009
              Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#37 brit11898

brit11898
              • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Hey-
                I am wondering about packages and extras...
                We picked the Royal package- what did you guys pick.
                Did you get the girls and guys flowers? What other extras did you pick?
                Also- Katrina- what did they serve for food- appetizers/entree and dessert- are there any other options besides cake??

#38 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

katrina- great review. your hotel looked great & everything was set up so nice! i think you took great pictures! the riu is such a nice hotel, i stayed there once.

i love that both your parents walked you down!! i remember your mom always being so funny, well both of them were really.

#39 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,328 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

hi brit,
                    we also did the royal. as for flowers, we get my bouquet, 2 bm bouquets, 1 boutenniere, and 2 corsages.

i've attached the menus for you- i don't think they change really.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by brit11898
                    Hey-
                    I am wondering about packages and extras...
                    We picked the Royal package- what did you guys pick.
                    Did you get the girls and guys flowers? What other extras did you pick?
                    Also- Katrina- what did they serve for food- appetizers/entree and dessert- are there any other options besides cake??
                    thanks! yea, i couldn't pick between the two of them. and it was nice because i had my own traveling stylists!
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                    katrina- great review. your hotel looked great & everything was set up so nice! i think you took great pictures! the riu is such a nice hotel, i stayed there once.

i love that both your parents walked you down!! i remember your mom always being so funny, well both of them were really.

Attached Files

#40 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

ah thats right!! that is awesome. jeff is a hair stylist now, did you know that? mike would prob get a kick outta that. jeff works down town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users