Photo

Photographer in Playa Del Carmen??

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 BandE2008

BandE2008
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

I would check you hotel and ask your coordinator there about Claudia before booking her and going just on what I said.

But below is a conversation between myself and my wedding coordinator at EDR:

I WROTE:
    I have been made aware that Claudia Rodregiez is one of your EDR choices for photographers. So, I am curious, in talking to other brides who have been given this option, why am I still being changed a $500 outside vendor fee. I was under the impression that if you used one of the choices EDR offers, there is no monetary penalty. Please let me know if I will also have this fee waved, or if I have to pay it and if so, why.

SHE REPLIED:
    That is correct, Claudia Rodriguez is part of our staff of photographers and if you requiere her services the 500 USD fee does not apply.

#12 tonyschreiber

tonyschreiber
    • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ericaandsy
      and pay the $500 outside vendor fee
      Man, that chaffes my...well, you know.
      Tony Schreiber, Photographer [ Blog | Website ]
      Serving South Florida and Destinations Worldwide
      http://technocraft.s....14_VKKpE-S.jpg

#13 photographerShay

photographerShay
      • 33 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ericaandsy
        This is what I was thinking of doing, but now there are all of those rules with our photographers having to get a working visa..just sounds messy to me!! I'm still waiting to hear from someone here in the US to see what her opinion is on all of that
        I was under the impression that this was only a concern if the person hiring you lived in Mexico?? Thier gov website w/ the info on it can be found here. The second line says, "The company, institution, or person in Mexico that intends to employ you must process your working papers with the National migration Institute."
        Shay
        Photographer based in Utah, but avail for travel.
        Website
        Photography Blog

#14 tonyschreiber

tonyschreiber
        • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

When I shot in the Bahamas recently, I had to get a work permit - it's explicitly for non-nationals. The big picture is that it prevents immigrants from taking unskilled jobs away from existing citizens. But for infrequent, skilled jobs like this it's just a pain in the butt.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by photographerShay
          I was under the impression that this was only a concern if the person hiring you lived in Mexico?? Thier gov website w/ the info on it can be found here. The second line says, "The company, institution, or person in Mexico that intends to employ you must process your working papers with the National migration Institute."

#15 photographerShay

photographerShay
          • 33 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tonyschreiber
            When I shot in the Bahamas recently, I had to get a work permit - it's explicitly for non-nationals. The big picture is that it prevents immigrants from taking unskilled jobs away from existing citizens. But for infrequent, skilled jobs like this it's just a pain in the butt.
            Eeek, it does sound like a pain!
            Shay
            Photographer based in Utah, but avail for travel.
            Website
            Photography Blog

#16 ericaandsy

ericaandsy
            • 259 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by photographerShay

This is the information I received from my resort

These are the requirements for bringing in an outside photographer into Mexico for photography:

• Mexican citizen requires: RFC (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes), 3 nights hotel or $500.00 US plus

• Non Mexican Citizen: Mexican working visa, FM2 or FM3, RFC, 3 nights hotel or $500.00 US

#17 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Also, Check out Del Sol Photography. They have some associate photographers that might save some money.
                I am using Elizabeth Medina- very excited.

#18 weddingchick

weddingchick
                • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
                  Also, Check out Del Sol Photography. They have some associate photographers that might save some money.
                  I am using Elizabeth Medina- very excited.
                  Del Sol is great however they are banned from Karisma resorts.

#19 tonyschreiber

tonyschreiber
                  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by weddingchick
                    they are banned from Karisma resorts.
                    What gets a wedding photographer banned from a resort?

#20 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
                    • Banned
                    • 386 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

I don't know what her wedding prices are - but Elizabeth Medina rocks the house. She photographed my husband and me the last time I was there to photograph the wedding. She is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users