Photo

Need opinions on hair choices **pics**

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy

Tracy
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

So my Sister In Law (to be) was over last night and started messing around with my hair. My hair is normally very, very straight, but she curled it all, and put it half-up and then all-up. Obviously I would have a real stylist do this for the "practice round", but I would love your opinions on which you prefer....so I can go into the trail with something already in mind. I'm still not 100% decided if I will have it curly (as i'm afraid it will go flat in the wind and the humidity), but of these 2 below, which is your prefernce. Half-up or All-up??
    Thanks for your honest opinions (remember, this is just us drinking wine, messing with my hair - so the tags are on the veil and headband, the clips don't match etc) - definitely NOT a professional job, but you will get the idea.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

i like 1/2 up! but i wanted mine that way too, but ended up going all up because i was afraid i'd be too hot.

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

I'd go all up, especially if your hair doesn't hold curl very well. I love love love the half up look, but if your hair is like mine, it won't look that sexy beachy curly for very long! Which is why I'd go for the all up style.

#4 Tracy

Tracy
        • 281 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvt
          I'd go all up, especially if your hair doesn't hold curl very well. I love love love the half up look, but if your hair is like mine, it won't look that sexy beachy curly for very long! Which is why I'd go for the all up style.
          You hit the nail on the head - that is exactly what I am afraid of too. thanks

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

I went all up because it was so hot. your hair looks great both ways, but with it all up you don't have to worry about it falling flat.

#6 bride2b08

bride2b08
            • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

I love the half up look! I unfortunately wont be doing that because as soon as i hit mexcio the fro starts! you could always put it up for the ceremony and then half down later at the reception?

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

i just noticed your wedding is in december. you might be able to wear it 1/2 up then. mine was in june. I'm also from texas so I didn't think it would be that hot to me. I have never experienced humidity like june in mexico. I've been in an outdoor wedding in san antonio in June & was OK. It was so sticky in Mexico!

But, december might be really nice.

#8 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
                • 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

I like the first and second picture.

If you get the correct hair products, you will not have to worry about keeping your hair in place even in the most humid weather. Ask your hair dresser for advice.

#9 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
                  • 136 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

I like your hair all the way up.

#10 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                    • 256 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

I love the 1/2 up do...and I agree, with the right products you should be fine. Either way though, you look great!
                      Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                      My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users