PV Vendor reviews from our wedding 6/2008
Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:24 PM
Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:32 PM
~ Engaged November 2007 ~
Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:28 AM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:13 PM
| Originally Posted by brittbrowne |
THANKS SO MUCH! It is so nice to hear that you were happy with the overall choice to do a destination event. I feel like I have been getting a lot of flack recently from people about the wedding be in Mexico, and I feel like I'm always defending my choice. In the end I know that the people who are there will love the event, and I know they and I will be happy. It is great to hear you had a such a wonderful experience and felt it was a good value (that was part of the reason we chose a destination wedding, and PV as our destination). Your pictures look great. The reception looked beautiful! I'm so glad you had such a successful event! I'll definitely keep your contacts in mind!
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:47 PM
- If you need to reach them right away, try calling them. I was able to reach Michael once that way.
- Villa payment should be due about 1 month before your departure. Don't forget to settle final payment before you leave.
- Best way to do payment with them is via Bank of America transfer.
- If you need to add something or take out something, feel free to let them know at any time. They are very flexible. I changed my menu option, added videographer and live band all 1 month before our departure.
- My goal is to stay within my wedding budget. I have an excel sheet with all the cost breakdown to keep track of. You can also use it to verify with the planners.
- Be very thorough on things you will bring with so that they know what they are for and where you want them to be.
- Depend on the weather, the final decoration stuff can be discussed in PV. They can always add some last minute deco stuff for you like candles by the pool, so don't need to have everything perfectly set.
- Bring a lap top with you to PV since villa has internet connection. Some guests had problem getting to the villa or through the immigration. I was able to use skype to do international calls and take care last minute business.
- Don't be stressed espeically the last minute. They will reply your emails.
Hope it helps. I was afraid my guest list will be more than 50 people, and that's the major reason I didn't pick casa cosmos. It's a very beautiful villa and I am sure you will have a wonderful wedding there.
| Originally Posted by Pixley |
That's a great review Cynthia, thank you! I'm getting married at Casa cosmos on Oct. 12 and have been working with Michael and Eva from Vallarta weddings. Your review of them sounds spot on. They do take a little while getting back, but they know it. When they do get back to me they've taken cared of whatever it is I've inquired about. So far so good. Beautiful wedding! Let me know if there's anything you can think off the top of your head that you would suggest but forgot to include.
Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:44 PM
Thanks for taking time on all of this!
Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:28 PM
I do have to make a comment though, and yes I am using Dazzling Details and I am not rich nor am I a celebrity. But I have to defend DD, I don't feel at all that they are snobs. Kristin is very direct and doesn't bullshit, she respects your time and does a great job setting a clear expecation of what her role is in your wedding design and what role you will play in the design. She does an amazing job partnering iwth you and getting your input on design ideas and suggestions. She also won't lead you into spending money either you don't have or don't want to spend. So far with my planning she has been very forward about pricing and what I should expect. She has also been sensitive to where I would like to spend my budget on things important to me and gives me advise on where I can save money without sacrificing the wedding design. My fiance and I are paying for our own wedding and again Kristin has been very respectful of our budget.
I do see where Kristin isn't for everyone. She is a designer who is very talented and takes the time to get to know you so she can WOW you by making your wedding day look like something out of a fairy tale. I know other brides who have used her and didn't have a single regret.
I do feel if you want to be hands on, pick everything and take the time to plan your destination wedding from, decor, chairs, flowers, favors, etc there may be someone who would fit you better.
I am very happy that you loved your wedding planners. But again I just wanted to defend Dazzling Details, because I myself appreciate all the hard work Kristin & Michelle have dedicated to my wedding.
I hope whomever anyone chooses loves their planners and has a positive experience like I have had with DD.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users