VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Anyone not having an at home reception?
I don't think we will be having one because everyone will be in Mexico with us (so far). I guess I'm lucky for that matter as I know some of you have some family members not attending your DW's.

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

I definitely don't want to do one. If it turns out a lot of people don't make it - we may send out an email/evite and get everyone together for dinner - but no way to I want to plan anything else!

Also, here's this thread ... http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1977

#3 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

We are definitely not doing one. One wedding is enough for me! I just cannot afford to have an AHR and really I'm okay with that! Plus we also have a lot of people coming so in that way we are lucky.
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:00 AM

We're not doing it, we considered it but I don't want to plan anything else and we don't have the money. My mom keeps saying she thinks we should have something, but unless she's organizing it and paying for it, we're not. One of the reasons we went to mexico was because we didn't want the traditional reception with a bunch of people that we didn't really know.

#5 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

I know it seems the AHR are more for the parents to have a big social gathering anyways. Lucky me my parents aren't pushing for one.... but I think if my FMIL had her way - we would have (she emailed/invited 10 of her closest friends for our 60 people wedding). I'm in the same boat Jill - if she's paying for it and organizing it I would but other wise NO WAY! Planning 1 is enough.

#6 kay726

• 218 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:51 AM

The majority of our friends and family will not be able to attend our wedding , so we decided to have a informal bbq/crabcrack when we get back. It should not be to expensive because we found a local park that is on the water that hosts weddings all the time. It should be about $200 plus the cost of food for about 80 people. None of my sisters were going to be able to attend the wedding because they just had babies, so we still wanted to have some sort of party.

#7 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

Well were not officially doing an AHR, but we do plan on going to Cain's hometown and having a BBQ to celebrate with this family after we get our wedding pictures back..

#8 destinationbride07

• 631 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

me me not having one :)

my aunt wanted to give me one at her church ( hell 2 the naw ) but i asked her to just do the bridal shower (that i also dont want)...

#9 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

We're having an AHR but it's kind of up in the air as to when.
                I want to have a Cinco de Mayo party, but John wants to wait until the summer to have a big BBQ (I think that's kind of tacky - sorry you couldn't come to our wedding, here's a hot dog) <--sorry to anyone who's doing this I don't mean to offend

There are just too many people who can't come to Mexico that we want to be able to celebrate with.

#10 lambert13

• 901 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

Since Karen and I are not bringing anyone with us to Mexico, we are doing a small AHR for our families. We are planning on a dinner for about 25 people at a Mexican restaurant here in town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users