Photo

Getting Legally Married in Cabo or California??????

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

Hi Ladies:
    Have a question..... I'm constantly debating with myself where to get legally married. I keep arguing back and forth with myself trying to figure out if I want to get legally married in Cabo or not. I know there are a bunch of you who decided to get legally married in the states, which I think is a good idea but at the same time I argue the fact that (with myself) that I want to have my wedding date the same time as my wedding ceremony....not have to seperate dates...... I know this might sound really silly but it is a conflict I'm having. FI doesn't care what we do....actually he doesn't care about much about the planning, he told me not to talk about marriage stuff until July till we go to Cabo to save the date and such....I think he is very tired of me talking non-stop about the wedding

So should I have my wedding legally done in Cabo so I can have just one day or should I do it here in CA.

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

I say do it in CA. It saves quite a bit of work. As for the date...one event will be your wedding, the other will be the day you signed some papers. You don't need to worry about which one is really your anniversary.

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

I agree with Kate. You'll save yourself a bunch of headaches & money just getting married before you go. I'm planning that we'll get married the day before we leave (assuming we're not going to have to wait on paperwork or anything) but our anniversary will be the day we get married in cancun.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

i did it in cali and it was so much easier..and we also didnt have to waste a day doing the boring stuff in mexico...also, dh does not like needles

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

Well, for us I couldn't imagine having two wedding dates.. I mean as much as I heard that it didn't feel like a real wedding doing the court thing, but we have also dreamed to be married on the beach, and on our anniversary,, So it was important to us to make it legal then. As far as money, we had to hire a WC because they know how to process a legal wedding and do the paperwork and such.. Cost,,, about 1k.

#6 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

See I kind of agree with Tammy M. That's how I feel about it.
            Have another question though....I want it legally done in Cabo which I know we would need a judge for that but can we also have a minister do it on the beach for the ceremony?
            What I mean is go to the Judge early that day and then in the evening have a minsiter do it....or can we have both a minister and a judge at the same time?

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DREA14369
            See I kind of agree with Tammy M. That's how I feel about it.
            Have another question though....I want it legally done in Cabo which I know we would need a judge for that but can we also have a minister do it on the beach for the ceremony?
            What I mean is go to the Judge early that day and then in the evening have a minsiter do it....or can we have both a minister and a judge at the same time?
            yes, you can have the judge do it right before or earlier in the day then your own officiant.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:17 AM

What so.... what?! If I want to get legally married in Los Cabos I have to have a judge marry us before our officiant?? This concept is new to me, and having my own officiant is an important part for me (we are having my uncle do it). Is the judge mandatory... how does this work?

AHH - confused!!!
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

we're going to be legally married at home.. 2 months before the real wedding.. we're doing this to save money and because the legal wedding is not important for us..

Courtney to get legally married here in Mexico the judge is mandatory, it doesn't matter if it is before or after the religious ceremony, it's just paperwork..

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

Yikes, its a good thing I have you guys - I never knew that!!

D'oh!!
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users