Photo

~~**Make-up finishing spray-keep make up fresh and on in the HEAT!~~**

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

i use a cheaper product "fix plus" from MAC. I am addicted to it. it refreshes your makeup so you dont look powdery or get the "makeup lines".

#22 FLgator

FLgator
    • 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

I went to MAC today and they have a face primer to help even your color and keep your makeup in place called "Prep + Prime" which I plan to get next time, it is very silky smooth. I did buy a great foundation/powder called "studio fix" ...I went there in search of it b/c I have really oily skin and I had read a lot of great reviews.

FYI: you can schedule an appt. at MAC and they will do your makeup and teach you to do it yourself if you buy $50 in product. I plan on doing my own makeup on my wedding day so I thought this would be helpful. Also, I scheduled my appt the same day as our engagement shoot to make the most of it.

#23 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
      • 153 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:59 AM

I've worked for MAC for a few years, and wedding makeup is my favorite, so let me know if anyone has any questions!

#24 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I love MAC! That's all I use and I plan to visit my local store for a pre-wedding lesson :).

#25 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Great find! Thanks for sharing :)

#26 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

MAC really does carry great products, and the primers are great to use before makeup, especially if you like to use mineral makeup (like myself)...My makeup artist/hairdresser is flying down to MExico with us, but she said the same thing about MAC... AND... two great eye shadows to purchase for a more natural look (browns) are naked lunch and cork. Cork for the lid and naked lunch for the highlighter... check it out when you are at the store!

#27 Duchess

Duchess
              • 358 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

I have Model in a Bottle. I never use it. Does anyone know if its good, or as good as this other stuff? Any reviews?

Actually, I am going to check Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage. The reviews are so helpful.

Edit: I checked. The Skindinavia got great reviews. 13 reviewers, 92% would repurchase. The Model in a Bottle did not get great reviews. Most said it didnt work. I didnt find it too effective, and I swear I got zits.

#28 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hmmm, I have had great results with Model in a Bottle an no break outs. I even wore it yesterday while walking around the city all day in the sun and had no problems at all. Guess it just varies person to person.

#29 Jen5372

Jen5372
                  • 228 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

The skindanavia is awesome! I practiced...and ma makeup always disappears and it didnt in my trial run today! It was only like 80 something here today so I will review it after vegas!!

#30 Madbride2009

Madbride2009
                    • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

what a cool idea (no pun intended!) I'm a real sweater so I'll take anything... I even considered Botox injections! Thanks for the post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users