82 replies to this topic

#21 Mel&B

Mel&B
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColleenMarie
    Hi Mel,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Actually the Don Pedros palapa and Villa de Oso are our top 2 choices so I am glad we are able to go and check them out, I am sure it will be difficult to choose between the two:) Any other Sayulita tips? We are renting a house called Cantamar (on sayulitalife.com). We just plan to surf, eat and relax. We also want to arrange yoga classes and a canopy tour. Thanks!
    Hi Colleen,

My recommendation for a WC is Andrea & her husband Gabby from Sayulita Dream Weddings. My FI and I met with her while we were in Sayulita, and we totally hit it off. We also loved her style. It would have been a pleasure to work with her.

Now I'm curious- who do you have in mind?!

I also have some recommendations on places to eat!
    - Burrito Revolution- This is a CAN'T MISS!!! Yummy, yummy burritos prepared right in front of you. Grab a beer from the store down the street and they will crack it open for you while you eat your burrito.

- Sayulita Cafe- Delicious dinner! And cheap as well!

- Taco Cart- I'm not sure of the name, but we had 10 tacos for $8.00 and they were amazing.

PM me for my pics of Sayulita if you want to see them.

#22 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm so excited to be a Dazzling Details bride! Kristin seems amazing. Our wedding is booked for 11/28/09. The ceremony will be at a Catholic Church in town TBD and then the reception will be at Dreams.

#23 Mel&B

Mel&B
      • 613 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jess
        I'm so excited to be a Dazzling Details bride! Kristin seems amazing. Our wedding is booked for 11/28/09. The ceremony will be at a Catholic Church in town TBD and then the reception will be at Dreams.
        Jess, I'm so excited for you! DD is awesome. You will have a beautiful wedding!
        I didn't realize you were a fellow PV Bride.

#24 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

I know I changed! I was leaning Cabo before :)

#25 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
          • Banned
          • 494 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

Jess

Kristin is awesome. She is so on top of things. I have never met someone, honestly that I could say is so zipped up on her job. She manages me very well and I have a lot of respect for how she runs her business. We are in good hands.

Have you been to PV before?

I think you made the right decision over Cabo.

Cheers
            Kathy

#26 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Awesome thanks Kathy! My grandma use to have a house in San Pancho area so we used to go all the time when I was younger - we never really went downtown though. It's a bit tough choosing a resort without being there but I'm crossing my fingers we made the right decision!

#27 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Very Nice!!!

#28 soonergirl

soonergirl
                • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

I hadn't hear about Dazzling Details until I read this thread. I looked online and LOVE it! My original plan was to book a wedding package with my resort, but I have been a bit nervous that I won't be completely satisfied with the decor. Do most resorts allow you to bring in your own planner? And is the cost for Dazzling Details pretty reasonable? I have emailed for details but waiting for a reply.
                  Cori

#29 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
                  • Banned
                  • 494 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

soonergirl

I know The Dreams allows outside coordinators I don't know about the other resorts though.

I agree with you. I too wanted more than just what the hotel offers to every wedding. I really am not a packaged deal kind of person.

You do pay more with an outside coordinator, but when I added up everything I wanted within the Dream price list and thought about what I would have to bring to make my decor meet my expecations plus the time, head ache, going crazy. Using an outside coordinator only ended up being 3K more. So i though hell that is so worth my time, headache and managing a resort that does a million weddings with their generic decor.

With that said I have been to weddings that use the generic packages offered to everyone and have seen some turn out very nice.

Plus side too is with a coordinator you usually get discounts on other vendors rentals/entertainment/decor/flowers because they use the same people over and over.

I see people posting that they are paying for a DJ at the dreams for around $700 and that I know isn't with a discount:)

Happy Planning

#30 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hi soonergirl - I'm with Kathy on this as we are using DD also :).

I'm so happy we made the decision - and I agree - the price is about 3K more - we are having our reception at Dreams but I know it will look great and won't have to worry about anything which is a huge plus and worth the extra cost for us. Also,I'm kind of a stress case if I have to handle everything myself so this has helped me a lot - I don't do anything besides answer emails fromDD really which I love.

I don't know much about the other hotels - but I do know Dreams PV just hired a new coordinator named Rebeca who is supposed to be great - I personally have not dealt with her at all though.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any questions about DD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users