Anyone know how to make smoothies?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

There is a place I stop in before I go to work that makes the most amazing smoothies but they are expensive!! I try and watch what she's doing so I could maybe make them at home (I got a magic bullet for Christmas) but she is sly and makes them behind the counter so I can't see LOL.

Anyone know how to make smoothies? I have a bag of frozen berries and protein powder, but what else do I need?

#2 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

water, milk, yogurt, frozen yogurt. those are all things you can mix with ice and the protein powder, fruits and fruit juices make it taste yummy.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 jillhiggins

• Banned
    • 386 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

I use...

1 banana
      about a cup of orange juice
      a few strawberries
      blueberry yogurt
      aboout 1/4 can peaches
      a little milk

I like to blend mine and then put it in the fridge to get it cold - I don't like using ice b/c it makes it watery.

#4 Mrs.Morley

• 259 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:51 PM

You can use ice or frozen fruit to give it that thick consistency...I use fruit, yogurt, milk or orange juice and some ice. you can substitute the ice with frozen fruit. just add your protein powder aswell and you are ready to make your smoothy.

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

i found these and they look yummy!!!

Pink Perfection Juice

This is a favorite of ours at breakfast and brunch parties. This drink has a beautiful hot pink color and great flavor that children especially enjoy. For a slightly sweeter drink, add up to 2 tablespoons sugar to the recipe. The drink can be enjoyed right away or chilled overnight.
        by Mirj |

4 servings 5 min 5 min prep
        Change to: servings US Metric
        2 cups hulled strawberries
        1 cup chopped watermelons
        2 freshly squeezed oranges, juice of
        1 freshly squeezed lime, juice of

Not the one? See other Pink Perfection Juice Recipes
        Food Processor/Blender Smoothies
        Low Protein Smoothies
        Fruit Smoothies
        Picnic Smoothies
        Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
        Cover and chill.
        Before serving, shake or stir then pour into chilled glasses.
        Fruit Smoothie with Yogurt

This smoothie recipe was shared on our forum.
        1 banana
        1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
        1/2 of 12-ounce can frozen mixed fruit juice concentrate
        1 tray of ice cubes
        fresh fruit (optional)
        Place the peeled banana, yogurt, fruit juice concentrate, ice cubes, and your favorite fresh fruits in a blender. Add water until it reaches the top of the blender. Cover and blend to liquify

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users