Troubling sister in-law...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Wow, very selfish! I know a few girls who sound exactly like that UGH! Girl, I would just plan your wedding as if you never even heard those words. If it wasn't "Oh I don't know if I can go, I may be pregnant in two effin' years" she would have come up with some other excuse. I would just kill her with kindness as much as you can and don't let her push your buttons (that's exactly what she wants)

#12 erin025

erin025
    • 43 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

I have a similar situation. My brother and his new wife (just married at the beginning of July) are both teachers. I am planning my wedding for the week after Christmas - so it would be December 2009 because they are unable to get time off during the school year. The reason I am waiting until next year is because they got married this year and I wanted my family to have the chance to save some money after the expense of their wedding. My brother doesn't seem thrilled to go the week I am planning it...even through I have to do it that week because of their jobs and also mentioned that his wife may be pregnant by then...because they are waiting till that fall (2009) to try. So now my family is asking me why I am not planning the wedding (I am looking at Jamaica) in July 2009 instead. I am really annoyed by this request and don't feel like people should be asking me to change my wedding plans especially since I am already trying to plan around some of their schedules. I am looking forward to getting away from this Northern Ontario winter weather to go somewhere hot. Not to mention that if I didn't have to plan around them I would have preferred to have my wedding in January or February instead.

Sorry this is so long...I just know how you feel!! I am here for support if you need it!!

#13 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

That is absolutely ridiculous! And why is it exactly that she couldn't go if she IS pregnant? I'm pretty sure I've seen some Pregos on flights before. Unless she would purposefully plan a pregnancy where she would be in her last trimester and couldn't fly. That would just be crazy! Whatever. Let her just be miserable, and you just be happy. I'm so sorry she said that to you

#14 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Sorry but what a bitoch! So glad to hear your brother is on your side.

#15 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

Just ignore her comments and move on with your plans. What a BITCH!

#16 amesharpe

amesharpe
            • 260 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

She soulds like a real peach! Ignore her, she's obviously self centered. I feel bad for her husband

#17 Jen5372

Jen5372
              • 228 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Yahhh ignore her. Or say something bitchy like I would:

"well yu never know when you'll get pregnant-for some of us it can take years and need a doctor's assistance" LOL

#18 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

Your bro got a real catch! I wouldn't even let it bother you. You are already being more than nice by not starting to plan your wedding until after theirs, so once you start planning do what you want, when you want and if she is too pregnant to come to the wedding then sucks to be her. You'd be better off anyway.
                  Michelle

#19 *Casey*

*Casey*
                  • 5,209 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jen5372
                    Yahhh ignore her. Or say something bitchy like I would:

"well yu never know when you'll get pregnant-for some of us it can take years and need a doctor's assistance" LOL
                    That's too funny... someone at work just asked what was wrong with me.... hehehe

#20 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
                    • 111 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

Sounds like you just need to have your wedding when you want to have it...chances are she may not even be pregnant by then, but she'll definitely have another excuse. Sounds like your brother is on board, so to hell with her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users