Photo

How much did it cost for your guest to attend your DW?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Erica053009

Erica053009
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

My Guest are paying $266 per couple per night all inclusive or $148 non all inclusive in May. I am not sure about airfare yet it got messed up

#22 Reba2009

Reba2009
    • 192 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

We are doing a cruise out of Bayonne,NJ so no airfare involved for most of the guests and the prices range from $1110 per person for an inside to $2000 per person for a junior suite. I am already getting comments about how expensive it is. We have 17 people going so far. I just keep reminding myself that this is about us so if they think it is too expensive then they do not have to come!

#23 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tvt
        our guests are paying between 800-1000 for a 4-5 night stay at Dreams, including flights
        WHOA! Dreams PV?? I thought it was like 300-400/night?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#24 Tracy

Tracy
        • 281 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Those prices seem very, very high to me. Our guests flying from TX to MX can get 5 days for about $1500/couple.

#25 samanthag

samanthag
          • 896 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tracy
            Those prices seem very, very high to me. Our guests flying from TX to MX can get 5 days for about $1500/couple.
            Our flights are actually pretty cheap-SanAntonio to Puerto Rico. ($400 max on American) The chunk of the cost is going to hotel. The hotel in Old San Juan for 3 nights & then the resort we are getting married at for 3 nights . I'm waiting for my TA to give me a breakdown of the cost. The only price I know is the airfare & the resort which is $318.00/night. I do know that the quote does include all tax and airport/hotel transfers.
            I never looked at Mexico for our DW because my FI is from Puerto Rico and the majority of his family still lives on the island. As for my family, they ALL live in San Antonio & have never been to Puerto Rico so this will be both a vacation & wedding celebration!
            I'm confident with the grace of God things will all work out!

#26 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by samanthag
              Our flights are actually pretty cheap-SanAntonio to Puerto Rico. ($400 max on American) The chunk of the cost is going to hotel. The hotel in Old San Juan for 3 nights & then the resort we are getting married at for 3 nights . I'm waiting for my TA to give me a breakdown of the cost. The only price I know is the airfare & the resort which is $318.00/night. I do know that the quote does include all tax and airport/hotel transfers.
              I never looked at Mexico for our DW because my FI is from Puerto Rico and the majority of his family still lives on the island. As for my family, they ALL live in San Antonio & have never been to Puerto Rico so this will be both a vacation & wedding celebration!
              I'm confident with the grace of God things will all work out!
              It will work out - just make sure you are doing what is best for you and your FI AND research ALL of your options! My FI and I originally considered Puerto Rico but had our hearts set on the new W Vieques and it wasn't going to be open in time for our wedding

#27 samanthag

samanthag
              • 896 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                It will work out - just make sure you are doing what is best for you and your FI AND research ALL of your options! My FI and I originally considered Puerto Rico but had our hearts set on the new W Vieques and it wasn't going to be open in time for our wedding
                Thank you Alyssa!

#28 Myda77

Myda77
                • 821 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

My hotel and airfare prices are about the same as yours. I did feel bad at first, but like someone mentioned above, it's our wedding and this is the resort we fell in love with. I have only gotten one complaint about the pricing so far and that person can stay home! All the important people we wanted to attend are coming. Everyone else is a bonus. It may sound mean, but I refuse to let people stress me. If you feel in your heart this is the resort for you, go for it.
                  Maida & Tomas
                  Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#29 samanthag

samanthag
                  • 896 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Myda77
                    My hotel and airfare prices are about the same as yours. I did feel bad at first, but like someone mentioned above, it's our wedding and this is the resort we fell in love with. I have only gotten one complaint about the pricing so far and that person can stay home! All the important people we wanted to attend are coming. Everyone else is a bonus. It may sound mean, but I refuse to let people stress me. If you feel in your heart this is the resort for you, go for it.
                    Thanks for your support!
                    I totally freaked out when I first received the quote. I'm so glad I started this post because the support of ALL you girls is phenominal!!!!!
                    You girlies are the bestest!

#30 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Ouch! For my guests it varied, because they all stayed for different amounts of time & stayed in different places. Those that stayed a week rented a condo & saved a ton of dough. I specifically did not go the AI route because I did not want to "force" people to pay for my choice of hotel. It really worked out well this way - those that wanted to spend money did & those on a budget were happy too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users