How much did it cost for your guest to attend your DW?

I was a bit taken back by the cost for our guests once we really had to get people booking...for our guests to stay at the older part of Dreams Tulum for 5-nights , double occupancy is $645/person (@$1300/couple) in the Deluxe Garden Room. That's not including airfare, which from Denver right now is @ $430.00-450.00. Totaling @ $2200 per couple for a 5 nights stay. Which in the end when you think about it isn't too bad. If our guests choose to move to the newer side of the resort it jumps up another $600.00-800.00 though! And then adding trip insurance & transfers moves it up a bit.

Again I agree with above comment, that WE chose the DW & we understand it may not work out for everyone to afford to come with us. As long as my FI & I are there..I'm happy!

Laura

• Like 1

our guests paid about $700 each for a 3 night stay in an AI, flight & transfer. I didn't want the trip to be a financial burden so i picked a less expensive hotel. I still loved it so it wasn't a hard decision.

we paid $1000 each for a week.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I too am just getting started with booking hotels/airfare....I had a mini freak out too about telling everyone the cost! But then my lovely FI reminded me the reasons why we decided on a DW! It is what WE want to do and it is OUR wedding! If some people decide not to come due to the cost of it all we understand and are certainly expecting a few of those...that is why we will be having an AHR too! Just remember this is your wedding!
I read your reply to my FI and we agree 100%!! I feel much better about the whole thing! Yes, we could have gone with a less expensive resort just to please others, but then we wouldn't be having the wedding WE WANT TO HAVE!! Thank you for reminding me! idea.gif
We also have decided that we will pay a portion of the costs for our family members.
Besides, all that matters is WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!elefant.gif
And we are so very excited!!!!

ours is NOT an AI and it is pretty expensive sad.gif

most (90%) of our guests are from the East Coast and averge airfare has been between $600 and $700 per person since people started booking (everyone is booked now).

accomodations (only includes breakfast) are about $1500 for 4 days / 3 nights so for a couple it would be approximately

$2800 + most meals, alcohol and spending $

EEEEEKKKKK now i feel like a real asshole!

jeez, we are lucky we have 35 guest coming sad.gif ugghh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
ours is NOT an AI and it is pretty expensive sad.gif

most (90%) of our guests are from the East Coast and averge airfare has been between $600 and $700 per person since people started booking (everyone is booked now).

accomodations (only includes breakfast) are about $1500 for 4 days / 3 nights so for a couple it would be approximately

$2800 + most meals, alcohol and spending $

EEEEEKKKKK now i feel like a real asshole!

jeez, we are lucky we have 35 guest coming sad.gif ugghh
Great! Now all I have to do is forward the cost of your wedding to my guests and let them know things could be worse!!smile120.gif

In all seriousness though, I've been reminded that we are the ones getting married & only our opinions count!! Ha!

You know what I mean!

35 guests is great! After I give everyone the rates I'm curious to see who will attend.confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthag View Post
Hey girlies!

I just got my first quote from a TA regarding the amount of money my guest will have to pay to attend my DW in Puerto Rico April 2009. Price only includes air & hotel. Hotels are not all inclusive!

1) RT airfare plus 6 nights hotel @ the resort we are getting married at(5 star resort) =$3,400/couple

2) RT airfare plus 3 night in San Juan & 3 nights at the resort=$2900/couple

I'm just wondering how it compares to other DW's?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthag View Post
Great! Now all I have to do is forward the cost of your wedding to my guests and let them know things could be worse!!smile120.gif

In all seriousness though, I've been reminded that we are the ones getting married & only our opinions count!! Ha!

You know what I mean!

35 guests is great! After I give everyone the rates I'm curious to see who will attend.confused.gif
I guess our prices are pretty similar - good luck! deliver things in small doses KWIM?