How much are alterations??

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses! Now I atleast have an idea of what to expect :)

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

mine were $80 from my seamstress, she took in the halter straps, the sides of the boddice, just under the armpits, shortened the length in the front by about 6 inches and did a french bustle

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

I am actually going tomorrow for my first fitting and am scared of the cost.

they told me it was going to be $200 to shorten it and i need the waist taken in a bit and my veil shortened UGGGHHH i will let you know!

#14 Samantha S

Samantha S
      • 369 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

I'm trying to figure this out too. I have a seamstress from a bridal shop all lined up but I've heard it is about $300 for her and I don't want to pay that much. That is 50% of the cost of my dress! But, I am equally as scared to have some one butcher it. Alyssa, definitely let us know what your's ends up costing!

#15 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

I am scared about the whole alterations thing too lol. Especially after this post http://bestdestinati....=dress ruinedI feel so bad for this bride I hope she get's everything taken care of. The scary part about her story is that, she took her dress to a repitable person who has apparently been in business for 35 years. Thanks soo much for your responses! :)

#16 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

My dress was about $250 and that included changing it from a zipper back to a corset, hemming, and bustle. They also took it in twice since I kept losing weight before the wedding. My dress was almost $2k though, so I don't think the alterations fee was that bad. They really did a lot!

#17 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

my dress was kinda custom-made - they did a hollow to hem measurement and made the dress for my height and measurements. i still spent $250 on alterations b/c i needed the bustle done (3 buttons), cups sewn in, and needed the bust and bodice taken in a bit. my dress was less than $500 too.

#18 Shay2679

Shay2679
              • 493 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

My dress shop charges a flat rate of 10% of the total cost of your dress...

My alterations...are $375.

I hope its worth it!

#19 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

My dress was only $273.00 and my alterations were $125.00. I am still waiting to see if she was able to repair her mistakes! I may have to have a new dress.
                  Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#20 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                  • Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by syl1115
                    My dress was only $273.00 and my alterations were $125.00. I am still waiting to see if she was able to repair her mistakes! I may have to have a new dress.
                    Did you go and talk to her? Was she totally shocked that you thought she did a bad job, or was she not suprised at all? Regardless, my hopes are that end up with the dress of your dreams, and don't have to re-go dress shopping! Sending you very positive thoughts and energy!!! I really hope she can fix it! Please keep us updated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users