Sign in to follow this  
Davematthews16

How much are alterations??

mine were $80 from my seamstress, she took in the halter straps, the sides of the boddice, just under the armpits, shortened the length in the front by about 6 inches and did a french bustle

I am actually going tomorrow for my first fitting and am scared of the cost.

they told me it was going to be $200 to shorten it and i need the waist taken in a bit and my veil shortened UGGGHHH i will let you know!

I'm trying to figure this out too. I have a seamstress from a bridal shop all lined up but I've heard it is about $300 for her and I don't want to pay that much. That is 50% of the cost of my dress! But, I am equally as scared to have some one butcher it. Alyssa, definitely let us know what your's ends up costing!

I am scared about the whole alterations thing too lol. Especially after this post http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...=dress+ruinedI feel so bad for this bride sad.gif I hope she get's everything taken care of. The scary part about her story is that, she took her dress to a repitable person who has apparently been in business for 35 years. Thanks soo much for your responses! :)

My dress was about $250 and that included changing it from a zipper back to a corset, hemming, and bustle. They also took it in twice since I kept losing weight before the wedding. My dress was almost $2k though, so I don't think the alterations fee was that bad. They really did a lot!

my dress was kinda custom-made - they did a hollow to hem measurement and made the dress for my height and measurements. i still spent $250 on alterations b/c i needed the bustle done (3 buttons), cups sewn in, and needed the bust and bodice taken in a bit. my dress was less than $500 too.

My dress was only $273.00 and my alterations were $125.00. I am still waiting to see if she was able to repair her mistakes! I may have to have a new dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl1115 View Post
My dress was only $273.00 and my alterations were $125.00. I am still waiting to see if she was able to repair her mistakes! I may have to have a new dress.
Did you go and talk to her? Was she totally shocked that you thought she did a bad job, or was she not suprised at all? Regardless, my hopes are that end up with the dress of your dreams, and don't have to re-go dress shopping! Sending you very positive thoughts and energy!!! I really hope she can fix it! Please keep us updated!