Wedding Coordinators recomendations

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 theinquizitivegroom

theinquizitivegroom
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

Hi Everyone.

My fiancee and I are torn between a destination wedding or a wedding closer to her family. So it is down to Kansas or Cabo san Lucas...... I know very tough calls both beautiful exotic, well nevermind....... anyways I have been give homework by my blushing Bride and that is to find recomendations for 3 wedding planners with experience in Cabo. and honestly who better then all you ladies and couple guys.

I have been reading all the reviews and that has helped but if you guys could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    JD the inquizitive Groom

http://www.nab.org/i....icture-364.jpg

shhhhhh she is watching everything I do

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hola,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful info around!

good luck and happy planning!

#3 Denise40

Denise40
      • 407 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

I used Weddings in Paradise for my vow renewal and I had no problems with them at all. I know there are several ladies here that are using them also. I didn't have my ceremony at a hotel, I had it at a private beach in Pedregal. There are a lot of wedding coordinators that work from the hotels themselves.

#4 theinquizitivegroom

theinquizitivegroom
        • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thanks, I guess I should also note my fiancee wants outside wedding planners from a resort because she feels they then would work for us not the resort
          JD the inquizitive Groom

http://www.nab.org/i....icture-364.jpg

shhhhhh she is watching everything I do

#5 MrsTorrence

MrsTorrence
          • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

My wedding is on the beach at the Sheraton with the reception at a villa that is in the same development complex, and our coordinator is Amy Abbott from Fiestas Los Cabos. She's a little pricier than other quotes I've seen on this forum, but I was willing to pay a little more because I got the feeling that she really understands I want to stay within my budget (which isn't very big) and and I love that I can call her anytime because she has a cell phone with a Texas number. She called me after my initial email, and I've spoken to her one more time after that. But we mostly communicate through email. So far, she's been really responsive and great! There are couple other girls on this forum that have worked with her as well. Hope that helps. Good luck with your decision!

#6 RebelBride2008

RebelBride2008
            • 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

I totally agree with your fiance to get an outside planner. One who doesn't work for the resort. I had issues with the onsite coordinator at my venue and hired Baja Weddings. Best thing I ever did! I have Jenny at Baja Weddings and she is great. I interviewed about 5 other companies (Amy Abbot was my close 2nd choice) and went with Jenny for her personality, responsiveness and price. She's been great so far. 7 weeks to go!

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Some resorts have really great on-site planners. Dreams comes to mind as one.

#8 danalovesdave

danalovesdave
                • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

What a guy! Our coordintor's name is Mandy Clough from Sunset Weddings in Cabo San Lucas--she came as a referral from the owners of the Bed and Breakfast where we are having our ceremony. The owner, Elizabeth, was in touch with me w/in hours of my first email! Mandy is very attentive and always making sure she knows exactly what we want. Sunset Weddings Cabo San Lucas wedding planning, Cabo wedding, Baja wedding, wedding in paradise, wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Wedding in cabo, Mexico wedding (don't be put off by the website--a little outdated!)

Good Luck!

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by theinquizitivegroom
                    Hi Everyone.

My fiancee and I are torn between a destination wedding or a wedding closer to her family. So it is down to Kansas or Cabo san Lucas...... I know very tough calls both beautiful exotic, well nevermind....... anyways I have been give homework by my blushing Bride and that is to find recomendations for 3 wedding planners with experience in Cabo. and honestly who better then all you ladies and couple guys.

I have been reading all the reviews and that has helped but if you guys could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hey, please read this thread http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t19654 and modify your signature size ASAP.

Thanks!

#10 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
                    • 141 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

Hey there...

Congratulations...

I agree with some of the replies here..I, personally, vouche for Adriana at UDW, in Cabo San Lucas... Or you can use any of the others agencies.... PM me if you need info...

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users