Photo

Booked my very first dress shopping appointment...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ash0628
    I have a question for all of you dress shopping vets, how soon did you start looking for your dress i have looked online but nothing in a store?
    Um, lets see...I don't even remember when I actually went to the store. But just keep in mind that you should have your dress ordered no less than 8 months from your actual date, but that is depending on the designer & ofcourse doesn't apply if you're buying off the rack.

I would even say that you have 6 months but I wouldn't wait any longer than that. Even though I had found my dress in the summer, I waited 2 more months before I actually ordered it. By that time, I had to pay a rush fee because the delivery time was 6 months. So the rush fee ensured that my dress got in on time. And remember, once its ordered & gets in to the bridal shop, there are alterations, which can take roughly another month!
    Hopefully that didn't confuse or overwhelm you! LOL

#12 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

Dress shopping can be a lot of fun but you have to be sure you go to salons where people want to spend time with you. I went to a couple shops when I first started trying on dressed and the women did not even want to clip the dress, I think since I told them I was just starting to look possibly they did not think I was serious, so I would also really recommend boy shorts bc the women would have me walk out of the fitting room with my bum hanging out. I then told my mom this is not what I thought it would be like, but then I did find some really nice bridal salons and they were awesome clipped the dress to show it how it should really look and would have me try on dresses I never thought I would like. So things to bring/wear boy shorts, strapless bra and a open mind. Once you are done go have some wine and talk over your options, when you find the dress you will just know.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#13 ash0628

ash0628
      • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
        Um, lets see...I don't even remember when I actually went to the store. But just keep in mind that you should have your dress ordered no less than 8 months from your actual date, but that is depending on the designer & ofcourse doesn't apply if you're buying off the rack.

I would even say that you have 6 months but I wouldn't wait any longer than that. Even though I had found my dress in the summer, I waited 2 more months before I actually ordered it. By that time, I had to pay a rush fee because the delivery time was 6 months. So the rush fee ensured that my dress got in on time. And remember, once its ordered & gets in to the bridal shop, there are alterations, which can take roughly another month!
        Hopefully that didn't confuse or overwhelm you! LOL

Thanks so much it didn't confuse me !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users