Reception question: Wear the Dress?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 ashly87

• 120 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

I plan to wear mine again! and have my FI and the wedding party in their wedding attire also
    "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#42 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

I wish I could've worn mine for our AHR, but we ended up having a picnic at a park and we held our AHR before the wedding as kind of a Send-off Party, so I didn't want FH to see the dress until the day of the wedding.
      - Grace
      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#43 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

I am not wearing mine. I am getting a white sundress. My AHR is going to be very very casual - hopefully with some volleyball, bochee ball, and other yard games :)

My dress was under $200 and I actually might wear it again to a ball or something (when would I ever go to a ball though - haha) so I dont feel like I have to wear it for my stateside reception.

Is anyone going to do the other stuff - like a dance and a cake?

#44 dodds

• 44 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

My AHR was 6mths after the wedding. I wore the dress (and people loved seeing it), and after appetizers my MC announced that bride/groom are going to change into something a little more comfortable. My second dress was still white, but not nearly as fancy.

For me, it was the perfect solution since some people thought it was odd that I'd be wearing it, and some thought I should. This way, I pleased everyone --including myself.

#45 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Oh Thanks Dodds - that seems like a great compromise!

#46 waltandjean

• 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

Any excuse to wear the dress again, go for it! It is not tacky at all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users