Reception question: Wear the Dress?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 calchik

• 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

totally wearing mine again. but not for the whole time, just for an hour or 2. starting in my evening reception dress, then changing into my wedding dress, then back to the reception dress.

i think my friends and family would be disappointed if they didn't see me in it. pictures in the slideshow won't do the dress justice. and who am i kidding, i want to wear it as much as possible

#32 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

I am SOOOO wearing my dress again! Love the idea of getting to wear it twice!

#33 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread. FI and I are hosting a really casual AHR BBQ and it seemed a little inappropriate to wear my dress again-- however, I love the idea of changing for the first dance! Thanks ladies!

#34 eloping789

• 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

I'm wearing mine and my FI is wearing his wedding attire too. We're eloping so no one will have seen my dress at all and I think would be very disappointed if I didn't wear it. Tons of people have asked me that and were all giddy when I told them that I was wearing my dress. :-)

#35 kari

• 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies. Ive been struggling with this as well!! I didnt want to wear my dress b/c its going to be a very casual AHR and i felt like i would be too "dressed up" but my mom really wants me to wear it. so after reading everyones advice i think i will wear it at the AHR!! thanks!!

#36 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm going to wear my dress again for our reception back home. I figure- why not wear it twice? Not many brides get an opportunity to feel like a princess for two days. :)

#37 spazycat6454

• 161 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

I'm wearing my dress for the AHR. My friends and family who can’t make it to Bermuda expect me to show off my dress and I can’t wait to do it.

#38 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

I think it is totally up to the individual bride.

I'm not wearing my dress again for a number of reasons (many of which are why I'm having a DW rather than one locally). One of which is I'm the only person nearly everyone knows that has done a DW and, while I have tried to explain to them my AHR is not really a reception but a party without all the wedding formalities, I don't think they are getting it. So, I don't want to re-wear my dress.

But, I did buy a nice champagne colored cocktail dress. And, I'm pairing it with some bright (island-like) accessories. I think some of my family are a little disappointed, but I really don't want to wear my dress again - so, I'm not going to.
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#39 Yanell

• 40 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

I wore mine again.... without dry cleaning it first!! Even after jumping in the pool with it the day after our wedding, still haven't dry cleaned it and it's still in the box from my AHR. Hmmm, I wonder if its ok...

#40 claire.cw.watson

• 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

I would wear my dress for sure. Any excuse to put it on as many times as possible. But each to their own.

It is nice for people to see it, and it saves having to think of what to wear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users