Sign in to follow this  
ltl_leah

Reception question: Wear the Dress?

If I were to have a AHR then I would wear the dress again. Right now we are leaning towards not having one.

If I was going to have an AHR, I would most definately wear it. Great opportunity to wear it again and feel like a princess.

I wore my dress for our AHR ... and it was almost exactly a month after our DW. I think it was the perfect decision for me, and all our guests who couldn't attend the DW loved being able to see me in it. DH wore his reception outfit as well (he wore his dress blues for the ceremony but changed for the reception.). I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Here's an AHR pic with some girlfriends:

Click the image to open in full size.

And here's one to show how casual it was:

Click the image to open in full size.

I am not having an AHR but I would totally wear the dress. Guests want to see you as a bride and since you are having it at a nice hall then you will look appropriate and no tout of place

I wasn't going to wear it but we were at an engagment party for some friends getting married on New Years Eve and was talking to some friends who most likely won't be coming to the DR and she was like "what, you aren't going to wear it, none of us will get to see it" so it got me thinking that perhaps I should wear it at least for a bit...plus we are considering a "rock the reception" type of first dance so I'd have to be in the dress to make it work!!!

I am still up in the air about having an AHR. My thought about wearing my dress again is I would have to continue to closely watch my weight during that time period so it would still fit. YIKES! I am looking forward to not having to monitor my weight so closely once we are married. My dress was snug last week at my fitting and I have been in the gym everyday since. LOL I tend to fluxuate about five pounds up and down. I am not very tall so 5lbs looks like a lot of weight on me.

Heck yeah I'm wearing it again! We're having a small family civil ceremony (about 11 ppl), so barely anyone will see us on our wedding day.

People want to see you in your wedding dress - even if it's not the actual wedding day. And furthermore, you'll be all tan from your DW!

FI and I will probably go casual, since our AHR is going to be outdoors and BBQ. I will probably get a nice cocktail dress to wear. I would wear my dress if I were having a more formal function though...

I will DEFINITELY be wearing my dress again. Only a handful of people from the wedding will even be attending our reception so the majority of people at our reception will not have seen me in my dress. Our reception isn't going to be formal or anything. We are renting a hall and having the typical things: food, alcohol, dj, cake but I'm going for more of a 'upscale party' more than 'reception' but I say go for it!