Photo

Calling July 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#61 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

So yesterday was a big day! I ordered the invitations, booked our band, ordered my shoes, and went bustier shopping. I have my fitting on May 2nd, so need to find the right bustier. So for now...I think I am good. Woo! It is coming quick!

#62 nibsmom

nibsmom
    • 564 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hey Ladies!

I'm a July bride too! We are getting sooooo close!!!

My dress came in two days ago and I got to go try it on yesterday! Luckily, I don't think I'll need too many alterations! I also ordered my shoes. I really want a birdcage veil - I found a shop down in IL that I think will have plenty to try on!

I'm working on a pre-trip brochure for all of my guests this weekend so they will know when their final payments are due, what activities are available at the resort, the wedding weekend schedule, and what to expect at customs!

I'm nervous about customs! I was just reading all these threads about needing receipts for OOT bags and stuff and EEK!

Sooo close...I'm starting to freak out a little bit!!! I need to sit down and do a for sure to do list!!!

#63 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
      • 444 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hi ladies! I am a July 2009 bride too. Our wedding date is July 12, 2009 and I feel like I have done NOTHING! Ahhhhhh.............

What I've done so far:
        - STDs sent awhile ago
        - dress
        - FI suit & shoes (pant hem)
        - my necklace and earrings
        - wedding bands
        - photographer for wedding and TTD
        - booked DJ
        - found pictures for hairstyle
        - purchased OOT items

What I need to do:
        - ceremony wording
        - music for ceremony
        - dress fitting
        - make-up
        - order hair flower
        - shoes
        - undergarments
        - centerpieces
        - menus
        - brochures
        - OOT tags
        - place cards and table numbers
        - welcome dinner? attire for welcome dinner

Ok thats what I can think of at the moment...what am I forgetting?

#64 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

Ugh! I can't even begin to think of lists of done/to do still...every time I try to I get so overwhelmed. I really need to though - we are getting so close!! It sounds like you have it under control Cassandra!

#65 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

AHHHHH I feel like I have sooo much left to do!! Are any other July '09 brides freaking out too?? Our weddings are alomost here!!

#66 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
            • 444 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

I', totally freaking out!! I don't even know what else I need to get done and I'm sure there is more.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
              Hi ladies! I am a July 2009 bride too. Our wedding date is July 12, 2009 and I feel like I have done NOTHING! Ahhhhhh.............

What I've done so far:
              - STDs sent awhile ago
              - dress
              - FI suit & shoes (pant hem)
              - my necklace and earrings
              - wedding bands
              - photographer for wedding and TTD
              - booked DJ
              - found pictures for hairstyle
              - purchased OOT items

What I need to do:
              - ceremony wording
              - music for ceremony
              - dress fitting
              - make-up
              - order hair flower done!
              - shoes
              - undergarments
              - centerpieces
              - menus
              - brochures
              - OOT tags
              - place cards and table numbers
              - welcome dinner? attire for welcome dinner
              - TTD dress?

Ok thats what I can think of at the moment...what am I forgetting?

#67 deefalvey

deefalvey
              • 521 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

I am totally starting to freak out - I mean I still have 3 months...but then again, I ONLY HAVE 3 MONTHS!!!! AHHHH!!!
                Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#68 BBtoB

BBtoB
                • 399 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

Hey July Mexico Brides. I realize we are two months give or take out and there is another site for the swine talk..but I thought I would see how you guys are taking this info and if you think it will affect our July weddings specifically?

I wasn't too worried up until today when it got to a level 5 warning. I feel a little reassured that our flights wont get canceled since Obama said not to close to borders...but just wanted to get your perspectives since we are 2 months or so out...which could be good for it to all blow over. But it is hard not knowing. Anyone else hate the media? lol

Oh on a positive notes, I am mailing my boarding pass invites in the next week! And I have my dress fitting on next week! So these things keep me happy.

#69 ikupoo

ikupoo
                  • 171 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

Well, I got my first guest cancellation today, saying that his mom was crying on the phone begging him not to go (geez, it's not SARS people!). I emailed the person and suggested to wait and see, and his girlfriend agreed. That made me feel better for now. But it's frustrating that I can't put down the deposit for the menus and the ruins trip, etc. knowing that there's a small possibility that my day will be affected. The next couple of months should be the most fun in planning all the details!
                    Right now, I just have to hang on tight and ride it out.

#70 BBtoB

BBtoB
                    • 399 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ikupoo
                      Well, I got my first guest cancellation today, saying that his mom was crying on the phone begging him not to go (geez, it's not SARS people!). I emailed the person and suggested to wait and see, and his girlfriend agreed. That made me feel better for now. But it's frustrating that I can't put down the deposit for the menus and the ruins trip, etc. knowing that there's a small possibility that my day will be affected. The next couple of months should be the most fun in planning all the details!
                      Right now, I just have to hang on tight and ride it out.
                      That is hard! My FBIL's wife is prego, and he doesn't want her to go down. And she is so cute, she says, "but I am in the wedding!" Yeah, but I totally understand her concerns.

yep, it is just a waiting game right now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users