Calling July 2009 Brides!

hello ladies!

i just saw the first posting for 2009 brides (january) and i though i would give july 2009 a try since that's when my wedding is going to be - yay! i know, i'm planning way ahead, but we've been engaged for about 6 months already so ima itchin' for some plannin'

let me know what you've done already and where you plan to have your wedding! i've done some research (for islands in HI), but haven't booked anything yet.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that I am posting for a second time. I just realized that I never gave you what you were asking for! We are getting married in Honolulu at the Outrigger Canoe Club. So far, I have:

- Booked the location

- Gotten a dress

- Gotten my FI's outfit

- Picked our colors

- Ordered and received our STDs (we still have to put them together and send them out)

I believe that this is it...there is so much more to do though! Any specific islands that you are looking into?

we're thinking about hawaii. not sure which island yet - we're still trying to figure that part out. we've been to oahu, maui and kauai. we like kauai best, but keeping in mind our guest, i'm thinking maybe oahu makes more sense? we still trying to decide

We're July 10, 2009 at Dreams Los cabos. I also got engaged in December, but have only been really planning for a couple weeks.

Im finding out so many things I need to do, that I never would have thought of. OOps! Good thing you only do this once!

I think I'm the late one for all the 2009-Brides: December 31, 2009! I can completely relate to feeling a little overwhelmed by going through some basic Google searches. I'm not sure on which island, yet, either, so I'm finding different things about each place that I like. Oh, the decisions!

This site is kind of like having a big sister that is willing to show you the ropes. I am so glad I found this site now -- I am devouring all of this great information! I'm also excited to see what all of the 8/7/08 & 8/8/08 Hawaii brides have to say about their experiences. Kev & I have two weddings here in town on 8/8/08, so I can already tell this is a big date!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I got engaged December 22, 2007 and am planning a Destination wedding in the Riviera Maya for July 18th 2009. I am getting married at the Barcelo Maya Palace. Went there in April '08 to check it out and fell in love. Absolutely gorgeous! If anyone knows of anyone or has any insight on the place please let me know!!! Thanks so much :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblum999 View Post
Hello there! I got engaged December 22, 2007 and am planning a Destination wedding in the Riviera Maya for July 18th 2009. I am getting married at the Barcelo Maya Palace. Went there in April '08 to check it out and fell in love. Absolutely gorgeous! If anyone knows of anyone or has any insight on the place please let me know!!! Thanks so much :)
Hey! I got engaged Dec 22 too! I dont know why I find that so great but ....I dosmile159.gif.

I am still waiting to hear from my WC from Dreams, But at least Im booked. I also got a dress, and well...thats about it.

Am I behind? I feel like we have so much time, but I guess I better get started because time will start to fly by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan View Post
Hey! I got engaged Dec 22 too! I dont know why I find that so great but ....I dosmile159.gif.

I am still waiting to hear from my WC from Dreams, But at least Im booked. I also got a dress, and well...thats about it.

Am I behind? I feel like we have so much time, but I guess I better get started because time will start to fly by.
That's awesome that we got engaged on the same night... and we are both having a destination wedding! yay! so excited wink.gif
I just got my dress as well! We almost have the same wedding date!
I do not think you are behind.. I am waiting to book the air for my wedding... it is not even available yet! Once the air is available I will start planning. I have the date on hold with the resort... Oh and I also booked the Photographer!

Her name is Elizabeth Medina.... Her portfolio is amazing!