Photo

another "late" newbie

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 kkeller

kkeller
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hi everyone. I'm getting married near Playa del Carmen (about 20 minutes south) on May 26, 2007. I wish I would have found this forum earlier!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

welcome!! we have a few may brides getting married in PDC!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
    • 554 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

Welcome!!! I am getting married in PDC next May (200!
      Where are you getting married? What has your planning experience been like so far?

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

Welcome! Tell us about your location and the other details! Let us know if you need help with anything!

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:59 PM

Howdy howdy, and welcome to the forum!! We'd love to hear details about your wedding.

Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

Welcome!! where are you getting married??

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

Welcome! Do you need any last minute help?

#8 kkeller

kkeller
              • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

The ceremony and reception are going to be held right on the beach. It is really close to the restaurant Al Cielo (in Xpu-ha). We originally were going to get married at Al Cielo, then they canceled in october (they are doing renovations in may). We came back down for planning trip number 2 and found another place. Al Cielo ended up saying they would honor the date, but the other place was bigger, and ended up being great. It is the Hacienda Vista Real's beach club. The hotel is actually a spa in playacar (not on beach), which is why they have the beach club. We arent staying there or anything, we are just renting the beach club. It is on a beautiful beach - I'm really excited. I'll post photos if you tell me how!!

Right now I'm stuck on ceremony music. I'm thinking of having a mexican guitarist (I think it would have a beachy feel) - but I have no ideas what songs!! I already have a band for the reception.

#9 kkeller

kkeller
                • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

I'm a newbie - wedding in may. I have 2 dresses. I love my first one, i just feel it may be a little uncomfortable to wear all night - and since it's strapless, I don't want to worry about pulling it up all night. So I got a more comfortable one for dancing. I love them both!

Click the image to open in full size.

#10 kkeller

kkeller
                  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

I thought I was putting that in the dress forum - sorry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users