Another newbie!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 DEE1978

DEE1978
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hi Everyone!
    I am a newbie as well! My name is Denise. I am looking at April 2008 as my wedding date in Mexico. I too am confused about where...

-Denise

Ps. I love this site!_

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

welcome dee...there are so many great palces to get married in mexico.

where are you located?
    how many people do you think will attend?
    resort or non-resort?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
    • 554 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

Welcome Denise!! It is a great site isn't?? I am wholly and utterly addicted to it

I am getting married close to Playa del Carmen next May. Let me know if I can help with anything!

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

Welcome Denise! If you tell us a little about what you're looking for maybe we can help direct you. Good luck with your planning, you'll find lots of helpful information here!

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

Hey Denise, welcome!!! I am also trying to narrow down my choices for Mexico. I started with a huge list, I've managed to delete quite a few from the list... but I've also added a few!! These ladies have great advice and ideas!!!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:53 PM

..sorry, correction... **ladies and gents!! :)
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

Welcome Denise! I saw your other post about Las Caletas and responded to that as well. Let us know how we can help you narrow it down!

#8 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

Welcome Denisse, I'm getting married in Cancun, so if you need any info on that location let me know!!

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

welcome, we have tons of info in Mexico.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 DEE1978

DEE1978
                • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hi Everyone!
                  Thanks so much for the welcome! I orginally found Las Caletas and fell in love with it especially the price! FI and I are thinking April 2008 eventhough we LOVE the Hawaiian islands (we have been 4X) but due to the financial situations of some family members along with distance (we live in Boston), and we do not want a destination wedding in the states, we choose Mexico. I want a max of 10 people but know my future mother in law is VERY concerned about the costs for guests which upsets me a bit. They all want to be part of our day but are now giving us limitations. I am not crazy about have a reception at home because I want to cut costs which way I am looking for the most economical destination wedding for everyone involved. Am I getting stressed out over nothing?
                  Can you girls tell me if it is possible to have a wedding in Mexico for 10 people for $3000? Am I CRAZY?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users